• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you Care enough to protect your investments?

TheSafeGuy

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
I would Like to know how many of you guys own a Safe or Vault. How many think its important or not... Why? Is where a safe is made important or do you not care.........USA or China or Mexico..... What is the Hold up? money? space? wife? mom? lol
Do most care more about fire or security? PRICE... Under $1500 or over?

I want a good discussion please!

SafeCracka SafeCracka

Its been my experience that most guys want a safe but it's all about the money. I talk to very and I mean very few guys that are willing to spend the money for a decent American made safe. These are the guys that will spend $1500+ on a rifle and scope and not blink but stroke out when you quote $1200 to $1500 for a safe.

Its been my experience that most guys want a safe but it's all about the money. I talk to very and I mean very few guys that are willing to spend the money for a decent American made safe. These are the guys that will spend $1500+ on a rifle and scope and not blink but stroke out when you quote $1200 to $1500 for a safe.

$1500+ hahaha try I've seen $25,000 MG's in TSC Cannon's !

I've talked to SafeCracka SafeCracka about this before regarding my next safe. The TSC Blk Fri sales are tempting, but I called safeandvaultstore (at his suggestion) on the FV6032 and am now trying to decide between it or the NF6030 series. So, now I'm looking in the ~1300-2300 range. I'm hoping that either will get the job done, but AmSecs' warranty and rep were what won me over on this future purchase.

Got any advice on if the NF is worth the extra cash? I've poured over the specs and I don't know if it's worth it.

Last edited:
I've talked to SafeCracka SafeCracka about this before regarding my next safe. The TSC Blk Fri sales are tempting, but I called safeandvaultstore (at his suggestion) on the FV6032 and am now trying to decide between it or the NF6030 series. So, now I'm looking in the ~1300-2300 range. I'm hoping that either will get the job done, but AmSecs' warranty and rep were what won me over on this future purchase.

Got any advice on if the NF is worth the extra cash? I've poured over the specs and I don't know if it's worth it.

S&VS's prices are hard to beat but OP might be able to get you close...

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the NF and FV is going to be the fire rating and options such as color... but don't quote me on that!

Also both models should be available in 6032 or 6030

Since we're talking about the security of investments, what are your thoughts between a solid $1500 plus safe with no home security system versus a Win or Cannon from TSC with a smart home security system that offers wireless connectivity, remote controllability, camera, motion detection, and fire/smoke at say... 25 bucks monitoring a month?

My German Shepherd eats about $30 worth of food a month. He's a pretty effective theft deterrent as well. Anyone carrying firearm specific insurance for damage or loss?

Point is - The quality of your safe is just one component of protecting your investments.

Back
Top Bottom