• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Do you have a carry permit I can check?"

Do sellers ask this question to confirm that I am a legal, law abiding citizen that can purchase a firearm?

I like a paper trail for money transactions (or trades). I'm a CPA -- I can't help it. It has nothing whatever to do with background checks, etc., it's a bookkeeping issue, and sometimes a tax issue.

Having read a few of these BOS threads, I've finally convinced myself that the ODT PM system is a proper paper trail. So as long as I don't deviate from that system, I will have satisfied my fastidious need for paperwork without turning away legitimate buyers, sellers, or traders.

But I still think a bill of sale is for your benefit, not mine. It shows that you bought or traded for the product fair and square, and did not steal it. My bill of sale is something I give to you, and it has my signature, not yours.

Holy thread revival batman. If I had known back then he wanted me to bake him a cake, I would of bought one from costco, served it to him and saved the supreme court a lot of time.

92EC5BEB-F3F8-479B-B630-ADD0FDA71E42.gif

If I was the seller, it is an easy way to know that you are not a convicted felon and is you are legal to purchase a gun. The license is the most effective verification method. Think of it this way, I do not know you and you don't know me so verification of legitimacy and legality is the best to avoid a criminal getting a gun and hurting someone. My comments anyway. Happy New Year everyone.

If I was the seller, it is an easy way to know that you are not a convicted felon and is you are legal to purchase a gun. The license is the most effective verification method. Think of it this way, I do not know you and you don't know me so verification of legitimacy and legality is the best to avoid a criminal getting a gun and hurting someone. My comments anyway. Happy New Year everyone.
Unless the GWCL is a fake or the buyer has done something to have it revoked but never surrendered it.
It only proves that at the time of issuance that the license holder passed a background check.

Back
Top Bottom