• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have a faraday cage/box/bag etc.?

Do you have a faraday enclosure?

• Yes - commercial

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - DIY

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
Then there’s this….
I just put 20 gallons of 6 mo old gas that was treated with Stabil in my
Work van four days ago.
It literally ran better than it had for quite some time.
Possibly it was summer blend and I’m just used to winter blend but man it ran like a scalded cat.

I kinda doubt anyone would be removing ethanol from or dumping Stabil into those 1000 gallon underground storage tanks we’d be pumping from. So gas would be turning to crap in a few months.
Better we all get a quality bicycle and start building those leg muscles.

The worry is overblown. Worry about the power grid. Worry about being in an aircraft during EMP. Don't worry about your vehicle (it's shielded), or most of your electronics that aren't plugged into an outlet.

You have far, far bigger problems than EMP if someone starts tossing nukes. And I seriously doubt Atlanta would be high on the list of EMP bomb targets. NYC, DC, LA, Chicago... they'll run out of bombs before they get to Atlanta. Yeah, yeah, I know-- one at the right height over Kansas MIGHT do a lot of EMP damage. Might. Might not. One 1000 feet above DC definitely will. Why waste your limited supply of bombs on "might"?

I have a little faraday pouch though, for very different reasons. I have a newer "keyless ignition" (which is stupid) car... and one can pretty easily steal those cars with a repeater attack. When I'm out somewhere in public, I keep the fob in the pouch.

The EMP worriers aren't engineers or scientists, I would expect. (I am.) I lump this with people worrying over the expiration dates of things like potassium iodide.... just another way to separate you from your money.

I use electronic locks on my safe. And sleep soundly.
The CDC is in ATL.

No one is going to waste a bomb on the worthless CDC.

Centralized target with free, additional repercussions.
Why would any foreign power take a chance on killing off all those wonderful viruses and diseases stored there. Better to let those incompetents accidentally release them as they do occasionally.

I have been in a company Faraday cage room. This company Iwas interviewing with worked a lot in communications intercept and showed me their cage. It was pretty cool all lined with perforated copper sheets.

Back
Top Bottom