• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have a faraday cage/box/bag etc.?

Do you have a faraday enclosure?

• Yes - commercial

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - DIY

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
IF it is a real possibility, enough of one to be a realistic threat….and it happened, then it would make life miserable for most because we have lived our entire lives with electronics. I am not talking about computers and cell phones. Cars, t.v.s, radio, refrigerators, washers and dryers, microwave oven, ovens and dishwashers, ELECTRICITY in a good amount of cases, etc.,.…most everything has some kind of computer chip in it. You would need a vehicle that ran on points distributor. How many have those? Not many. Then the gas pumps and all would be out… you would have to pump it out by some kind of old style pump and i doubt the gas stations are going to want to sell what gas they have. You would have to steal it. So trans will be minimal. Dozens of other things it would effect that i havent listed, i bet.
Most people, especially the younger generations. Even those that have young children and in their 20-30’s ,
have never lived life without this stuff. Would and could they adjust ?
I am old enough to say screw it….i would rather shoot it out and die trying to defend or protect whats mine for my fam. Who wants to live in the dark ages ?

What's the point ??
Cell towers and internet network will be INOP. Even your newer vehicles will be useless.
It's not about cell phones. Yes those will be paper weights. It's about near distance radio to radio comms with family. GMRS, whatever.
And yes on vehicles with electronics. I told her she should buy a '65 GTO and I'll take care of it for her until then.

Then the gas pumps and all would be out… you would have to pump it out by some kind of old style pump and i doubt the gas stations are going to want to sell what gas they have. You would have to steal it. So trans will be minimal.
There will be millions of gallons of gasoline in 10 to 30 gallon holding tank scattered all over the place. But in reality in an EMP attack, there won't be much need for traveling.

Let's be honest. EMP attack of the scale you guys are talking about and 80% of the people in this thread will be dead in under 2 weeks with the other 20% MAYBE making it 6 months. 12 months in I would imagine 99% would be buzzard/other people food.

Two way radios....lol.

Back
Top Bottom