• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have a faraday cage/box/bag etc.?

Do you have a faraday enclosure?

• Yes - commercial

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - DIY

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
No clue. Was just curious if anyone did it. For her I'm assuming one square foot would suffice. I was checking out Amazon and apparently faraday cases for car key fobs is a thing. That hurt my head....

You could spend from 5$ on up. It needs to be complete (it can be metal mesh), and ideally with a direct earth ground. I've seen some very nice ones made with a few dollars of old school window screen mesh (not the new plastic/vinyl stuff) and a few scraps of wood. They're frequently made by RF guys to tune sensitive receivers. If you want to spend big $$$ they do sell copper screen.

Drive a ground rod and bolt it to a Job Box?

That would do it. Depending on the design, you might need something to bond the lid to the rest of it so it couldn't arc. Some have metal fingers or a metal mesh gasket instead of rubber for that purpose already.

That would do it. Depending on the design, you might need something to bond the lid to the rest of it so it couldn't arc. Some have metal fingers or a metal mesh gasket instead of rubber for that purpose already.
Just add 2 more ground lugs with a wire attached to the lid... Maybe foam inside liner?

Back
Top Bottom