• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have a faraday cage/box/bag etc.?

Do you have a faraday enclosure?

• Yes - commercial

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - DIY

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
Damn, as an electrician I have another question. The wire you connect the job Box to the ground rod... The bigger the better? Have to say ya.

Just add 2 more ground lugs with a wire attached to the lid... Maybe foam inside liner?

In the locking design is pretty tough.

Bonding everything is pretty simple for an electrician

Just wondering if something as simple as that would work

I would probably spray foam the inside of that because I am lazy..

It probably wood. It doesn't need to be fancy. It just need to appear like a solid box to the RF/EM field. I've heard that some job boxes are already setup for that because they tend to create static electricity in hot sandy places when they hoist them up with cranes to keep them from getting swiped. Nothing like finding all of your fancy test gear got zapped overnight in a wind storm.

Damn, as an electrician I have another question. The wire you connect the job Box to the ground rod... The bigger the better? Have to say ya.

Same as AC, it will find the shortest path to ground. Just a much higher frequency. It will melt the solder out of bonds from the heat created. Speaking of which, anything that's soldered could get really leaky if it was in the middle of an EMP and picked that as the fastest path to ground. I've seen that after lighting strikes at tower sites; all of the old copper pipes had to be reflowed.

16458366818984743910787800223610.jpg

Back
Top Bottom