• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have an electric screwdriver that you would buy again?

Dremel Driver, small & lightweight and it’ll drive 3” deck screws. Has a docking station to keep it’s lithium battery charged when you’re not using it and about a dozen bits for it. I forget what it cost but it was well worth it.
Something like this one?

Or this one?

Thanks guys, I have to check all those models out.

That' one of my problems and also the reason why I replaced my previous power drill with a corded one and an extensions cord. I don't have to deal with death batteries anymore nor have to recharge them before being able to use the drill.
I've had Milwaukee's, DeWalts, etc. all with NiCad batteries that are not an insignificant cost to keep the tool long term. I finally gave up the ghost and gave away all my NiCad driven tools to my daughter (with new batteries) and I went with Ridgid tools with Lithium Ion batteries. My experience with them is that they hold a charge longer at near-original capacity, and last longer. I have a B&D box cutter tool with Lithium Ion internal battery that I've had for quite a number of years and it keeps a charge and I really only have to recharge it after a significant amount of tearing down package boxes for recycling.....

Something like this one?

Or this one?

Nah, mine looks like this. I’ve had this one for probably close to 10 years, they may not even make this one anymore. I really don’t know but I do know the quality is there and it’s lightweight so my wife can use it too, she can be pretty handy around the house when she wants to. lol! It has variable speed forward & reverse.

8461A035-789D-4F41-A887-62B964742660.jpeg

Here’s the docking station for charging and the bit holder attaches to it also. It stays charged all the time.

34C28FB4-AD1B-4271-AE1B-ADAB7B49E012.jpeg

Nah, mine looks like this. I’ve had this one for probably close to 10 years, they may not even make this one anymore. I really don’t know but I do know the quality is there and it’s lightweight so my wife can use it too, she can be pretty handy around the house when she wants to. lol! It has variable speed forward & reverse.

View attachment 3522685

Here’s the docking station for charging and the bit holder attaches to it also. It stays charged all the time.

View attachment 3522686
This one has never let me down either. Use it all the time for tedious tasks around the house.

I bought a SKIL 9.6 volt back in the early 90s. It finally died last year. I got A LOT of use from it building woofer enclosures back when I installed stereos.

Today I have a few Dewalt 20 volt lithium tools. The small amount of time to charge one is amazing. The cost of extra batteries is amazing in a different way.

Thanks guys, I have to check all those models out.

That' one of my problems and also the reason why I replaced my previous power drill with a corded one and an extensions cord. I don't have to deal with death batteries anymore nor have to recharge them before being able to use the drill.
That's what I've been doing for some years now. It's just not the same with the ease and versatility of a cordless

Back
Top Bottom