• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have any firearms in the car?

Many years ago, almost 30, fellow from GA was driving to DC to visit a friend and was stopped by patrolman in NC or VA, don't remember which, and had his car searched while he stood by and let the patrolman unload his trunk and reload it who then asked if he had any firearms and the friend said yep, in the glove compartment, it was examined and patrolman unloaded it and said friend would have to have pistol and ammo separated, so friend put the ammo in the trunk and left on his way. True story.

Many years ago, almost 30, fellow from GA was driving to DC to visit a friend and was stopped by patrolman in NC or VA, don't remember which, and had his car searched while he stood by and let the patrolman unload his trunk and reload it who then asked if he had any firearms and the friend said yep, in the glove compartment, it was examined and patrolman unloaded it and said friend would have to have pistol and ammo separated, so friend put the ammo in the trunk and left on his way. True story.
Probably North Carolina they have weird laws about traveling with a firearm. One of them is you have to tell a officer if you have a firearm in the vehicle totally ignoring the 5th amendment.

Never been asked about a firearm in the car. I've volunteered the information when I drove a Mustang as I kept my registration and insurance card in the glove compartment, along with an SP-101. Don't need a cop getting itchy when he sees that and I'm reaching for a couple of pieces of paper. Too many chicken ****s out there.

Back
Top Bottom