• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you name your home/property?

kingdaddy3247

Default rank <3000 posts
Voted 87th most handsome guy on the ODT
131   0
Reaction score
We recently moved to a new (to us) home on 6 acres in the woods on top of a ridge. We called our old place “Little King Ranch” and did our best to “homestead and provide for ourselves as much as we could off of those .17 acres. When we moved, we decided to give the new place a new name. The name Pepper Lane has a lot of sentimental significance for me. All four of my grandparents lived on that road ( in Paducah Kentucky) for a time. My grandmommie lived there my entire life until she moved here to Georgia last year shortly before she passed. My parents met and grew up on that street. So we are honored and proud to name our new place “Pepper Lane Ridge”. My Dad and I made the sign from barnwood I picked up here in Rockmart.

B868A1E1-B1C4-4F0E-BC9F-E9DBCAF24058.jpeg
F8E6536E-5CAE-463F-946B-FDC73B5D9087.jpeg

C6F88B5B-8EE6-4E34-9FAE-4CC34081EFC4.jpeg

That’s not sweat. I’m glistening.

705319F7-5F34-4893-9BAA-E8BB4402B80A.jpeg

The baby is not feeling well and didn’t want to have anything to do with being in a picture. But here is most of the Pepper Lane Ridge gang.

So - do you guys name your homes and properties? And if so, what inspired the names?

Yes we did and made an entrance sign for it also 17 years ago..Took me 8 months to chisel it out on the tail gate of my truck. Our Mountain is Fort Mountain, and we love the solitude and peace here. 8 acres trout stream and heaven combined. Welcome to our Fortress of Solitude!
View attachment 1671083
I was gonna tag you when I saw this thread!:D

I was gonna tag you when I saw this thread!:D
Sad to say that the sign is almost ready to fall down due to rotting..I have reached out to one of our members who said he had wood at his mill. But that never came to be, I hate it cause my health won't let me make another..I love that sign because it is so true!!

Sad to say that the sign is almost ready to fall down due to rotting..I have reached out to one of our members who said he had wood at his mill. But that never came to be, I hate it cause my health won't let me make another..I love that sign because it is so true!!
Oh man! Is it the sign itself that is rotting or the posts? There is a builder supply place here in rockmart that has tons of sawmill slabs. They have some nice live edge stuff I actually just picked up a 12 foot slab of live edge pine to make a bench by the fire pit for the kids.

Oh man! Is it the sign itself that is rotting or the posts? There is a builder supply place here in rockmart that has tons of sawmill slabs. They have some nice live edge stuff I actually just picked up a 12 foot slab of live edge pine to make a bench by the fire pit for the kids.
The Post are Power Poles they are fine it is the sign itself. The member here has a vast knowledge and supply of what I needed..He also knew someone that could close to duplicate it..But I guess he just got to busy, the last time I heard from him was months ago..I don't bother people that I trying to help me..I talked with him several months about it and went to check out wood several times..I don't nag someone that is trying to help, his father is a disabled Veteran with serious medical problems. I guessing he spends the majority of time, looking after him..That I can respect..

The Post are Power Poles they are fine it is the sign itself. The member here has a vast knowledge and supply of what I needed..He also knew someone that could close to duplicate it..But I guess he just got to busy, the last time I heard from him was months ago..I don't bother people that I trying to help me..I talked with him several months about it and went to check out wood several times..I don't nag someone that is trying to help, his father is a disabled Veteran with serious medical problems. I guessing he spends the majority of time, looking after him..That I can respect..
I hope something works out for you to get another sign, cause that’s a great sign and cool name.

Back
Top Bottom