• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you obey

IMG_4840.JPG
Handguns are so common, so blasé. They're the white Wonder Bread of the personal weapons world.
If you want to get the bad guys attention try a fragmentation grenade.

I like the old pineapple style because it can't be mistaken for a smoke grenade or a flash bang.

Private property rights are as important as self-defense rights. No matter how misguided, people have a right to determine what is acceptable on their privately owned property.

If you violate the property owner's right to determine what is and isn't permissible on their own private property, you are behaving no differently than people who work to undermine your right to self-defense.

If you claim to believe in individual rights, act accordingly.

On balance, I have to agree, I take my money elsewhere.

This of course does not apply for Federal property. I pay close attention to their signs... I'm too pretty for jail.

So you respect the Feds, but not your fellow citizens ?

View attachment 1142607

This sign is one to obey, though.
Don't mess around with courthouse security.
If I need a firearm at the courthouse, I'll just slap the **** out of the deputy and take his.
That's what got all this stupidity started with the Brian Nichols case in Atlanta.

But on his own property, it's up to the owner to weigh and balance risks. He hasn't asked you to make that choice for him. In fact, he has specifically notified you that he does not want you to make that choice for him. And on his ground, that's his right.

If your basis for determining whether you've violated someone else's property rights is "only if the government says so," then you don't have much of an argument for any natural rights.

Hey, if I stop you from carrying a gun, there is no actual harm. Right? Until you are actually harmed. Just like the property owner.

But you do condone ignoring property rights because, in your estimation, in this situation, you don't place any value on the owner's choice, and in fact, place negative value on it.

You don't get to make that determination for the owner about his property. He does.

When do you suppose "your" government/law enforcement, will start recognizing private property rights?

If you come to my house and steal something I forgot I had and never would have used again, is it still stealing? Did you have a right to take it?

Im a "no harm-no foul" kind of guy,

In this first example, there was no harm, and therefore no foul,

In the second example, there was harm, in the form of an asset stolen, and therefore there was a foul.

Im a "no harm-no foul" kind of guy,

In this first example, there was no harm, and therefore no foul,

In the second example, there was harm, in the form of an asset stolen, and therefore there was a foul.

What if he picked the lock on your door and spent the night whilst you were gone, and left before you got back?

Back
Top Bottom