• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you remember where you were on 9/11?

ole ed

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
I was out of work on a back injury. I was watching TV but I think it was HBO or something in my girlfriend called and said that the news said something at hit one of the world Trade Towers. I wasn't really worried about it because I remember an airplane hitting the Empire State Building back in the 30s and I figured it was just an accident. And then when the second one hit I said the oh something's up. I remember watching those buildings fall so many times I couldn't watch anymore. The thing that sticks out in my mind is that my girlfriend(now my wife)lived near Hartsfield and I went down there and no planes were coming over her house. It was eerie quiet. I'll never forget that.

In a meeting with my team on the 25th floor in the Bank of America building in downtown Atlanta. Someone knocked on the door and told me what happened. At that point, only one of the WTC towers had been hit. Immediately adjourned the meeting and found a tv to see what happened. Minutes later the second tower was hit. At that point I sent everyone home being we were in the tallest building in Atlanta.

We had clients in building 2 of the Twin Towers.

Chilling

On Jonesboro rd placing cable when my wife at the time called and said terrorist attacked. We packed the truck and went to my coworkers house which was close to where we were and watched the second plane hit and the towers fall.

I was talking to my Bride when the first tower was hit, to inform her as to what had happened. I saw the second tower hit, while I was talking to her..Earth shattering to me and I will never forget!! God Bless those that lost their life, God Bless those that tried to save, as many as they could..We need to remember what happened and never forget!

7th grade social studies

7th grade math for me.

Teacher was called out of the room and when she came back she said “they’re debating whether or not to let the students see this but it’s history in the making so we’re watching it”. Turned on the TV just a few minutes before the second plane hit. That’s when it set in that it was deliberate.

Construction class, junior in high school. Our teacher was a Vietnam Vet, we all sat there in silence. I’m almost certain Mr Autry was crying.

8th Grade. Loved my homeroom teacher. He was known for cutting up and being goofy. I'll never forget the serious and worried look on his face while he was telling us what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom