• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you remember where you were on 9/11?

Working in downtown Atlanta on the corner of 10th st. and Spring st. Supervisor called and said everyone needs to go back to the shop immediately. Didn’t tell us why. Saw it on TV when we got back to the shop. Had a bunch of grown men crying and wanting to whoop some ass that day. Very sad day.

8th grade band class. announcements came over the intercom that the teachers all needed to turn on the TV because history was happening.

Was with my best friend in class. Watched the planes hit the towers on the classroom tv. Buddy looked at me and said “if we go to war I’m gonna join the army” I agreed with him that I would too.

In 2004 we both joined the Army and volunteered to be Infantry. I went on to complete a 10 year career with several deployments to both theaters. He went on to complete several deployments to both theaters then passed selection, joined special forces and completed yet more deployments during a successful 12 year career.

I spoke with him last night and still spend time with him as a best friend. Out of all
My “friends”, and all their tough talk, only he and I showed up to the recruiters office and fulfilled what we said we’d do.

Was with my best friend in class. Watched the planes hit the towers on the classroom tv. Buddy looked at me and said “if we go to war I’m gonna join the army” I agreed with him that I would too.

In 2004 we both joined the Army and volunteered to be Infantry. I went on to complete a 10 year career with several deployments to both theaters. He went on to complete several deployments to both theaters then passed selection, joined special forces and completed yet more deployments during a successful 12 year career.

I spoke with him last night and still spend time with him as a best friend. Out of all
My “friends”, and all their tough talk, only he and I showed up to the recruiters office and fulfilled what we said we’d do.
Thank you

I was on a job site at Dunwoody country club. We were building a set of steps out of the back of the building for the addition. The plumber came around the corner and said a plane had hit one of the towers. That was all the details that he had. We all knew it wasn't the first time it had happened and didn't realize it was a big plane or the magnitude till the next one hit. This was before everyone had cell phones and access to info immediately. I had a pager at the time. I didn't see anything till I got home from work that day. I can't remember if we knocked off early or not though.

At a coffee truck, outside of Siemens Electrical Enclosures in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. I was 22 and there installing a big Powdercoating System. I was not old enough to rent a car there, required you to be 23, so I had to get a coworker to drive me across Niagara Falls. We found a car in Buffalo, NY and I think I made it to somewhere south of Cincinnati that night, then drove the rest of the way on Wednesday. It was a very eerie drive back, very little traffic and a lot of military planes and choppers in the air as I drove down 75 through Kentucky.

Was getting ready for bed after midnight shift when my Dad called me and told me what was up.
When I went back into work that evening I couldn't believe how many aircraft were on the ground at Hartsfield due to the nationwide grounding.
No, I will never forget who my enemies are.

Back
Top Bottom