• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you support legalizing all NFA items for everyone?

Do you support legalizing all NFA items for everyone?

• Total voters
No, I do not believe they should. I was making a structural point-- the regulations on FA firearms decrease supply and make it less likely that a bad guy will have access to them. I was responding to another poster's claim that criminals are already breaking laws, so NFA laws are moot in that community; I don't believe that to be the case, simply because the numbers of crimes committed with FA weapons in this country is infinitesimal, primarily, I think, due to NFA laws. I'm not sure how that point relates to your BMW, but, if I'm to believe the apparent consensus in the thread, I'm an idiot incapable of understanding such things.

NFA laws did not stop the north hollywood shootout. There have been many other documented cases of full autos used. Any dummy with a file can make a full auto.

If murderer committed the murder with a gun and gets released he can't own a firearm. A rapist still has his meat stick when he gets out.

No, I do not believe they should. I was making a structural point-- the regulations on FA firearms decrease supply and make it less likely that a bad guy will have access to them. I was responding to another poster's claim that criminals are already breaking laws, so NFA laws are moot in that community; I don't believe that to be the case, simply because the numbers of crimes committed with FA weapons in this country is infinitesimal, primarily, I think, due to NFA laws. I'm not sure how that point relates to your BMW, but, if I'm to believe the apparent consensus in the thread, I'm an idiot incapable of understanding such things.

the black market will sell a crate of full auto rifle to anyone willing to pay enough money, if a criminal gang or organization wanted a full auto rifle cache they will get it. the rebels in the middle east have full auto rifles even though they're government doesn't want them to.

now i realize you as well as a majority of the members on the odt do not have those connections thus do not commit illegal buys (to my knowledge, maybe arcman though lol).

Last edited:

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather have a dude with a FA rifle firing at me while I'm running across a field than a semi auto or bolt action rifle taking well aimed shots.

Hollywood accuracy is a poor place to begin making assumptions about "lethality".

The facts are:

FA is not more dangerous that any other mode of fire.
FA does not entice humans to commit crimes
FA does not have the fantastic capabilities that you have seen on tv.

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather have a dude with a FA rifle firing at me while I'm running across a field than a semi auto or bolt action rifle taking well aimed shots.

Hollywood accuracy is a poor place to begin making assumptions about "lethality".

The facts are:

I am agreeing with you a lot today bro. What is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Midget hookers and blow after a taco dinner?
Sounds good. ;)

The facts are:

From what Ive seen and I know a few people on here can agree with me... many people on here cant shoot a full auto worth a damn! They are all over the place.

I should have voted NO. Just wasn't thinking.

Most of the NFA stuff is dumb and should be unregulated.

I'm not so sure about M249 type machine guns though. I haven't really thought it out. I think the rifle is the core of an arsenal. It's also a symbol of freedom. The AR is the modern musket. We should get whatever the military gets. Not sure about what to with firearms 'above' that.

I'm fine with explosives, missiles, and poison gas being regulated.

Explosives, missiles, and poison gas are not "arms" as protected by the Second Amendment. Those would fall under Ordnance, Destructive Devices, or WMD's.
I always have to laugh at the imbecile that says..."well, what about nukes"!! Well champ, nukes aren't arms.

Back
Top Bottom