• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you support legalizing all NFA items for everyone?

Do you support legalizing all NFA items for everyone?

• Total voters
Why aren't criminals using semiautomatic versions of these weapons in large numbers? They are not regulated by the NFA.

I'm going with because they just want something cheap that goes bang that they can ditch if they need to. You don't spend $1000 on a rifle to get $125 robbing a McDonald's. Even a stupid criminal can do that math.

Im not relying on any data. The fact that you feel the government should be able to judge what I can and cant own when the 2nd amendment says I should , is in fact unfair. Its your opinion though. If you feel laws make your zone 3 safer then you need a wake up call. Only people like you and I follow laws.

I dont feel I should even have to pay for a permit to carry a pistol. Instead I have to jump through hoops and pay extra money when im taxed enough due to people like yourself who get a false sense of security from pointless laws. Next time you hear gunshots in your neighborhood , remind the shooter that its illegal to discharge a firearm in the city limits. See if it helps. Good luck to ya. Also do you own any class 3 items?

And I'm the one being lambasted for emotion-based arguments?! Also, there seems to be some sort of misconception that I'm saying criminals aren't acquiring FA weapons because they want to follow the law (which is a neat little strawman.) This is not even close to resembling my argument-- I'm saying that the NFA laws, by and large, reduce the supply of such weapons to criminals (and, admittedly, everyone else), not that they're carrying semis out of a desire to comply with the law.

Last edited:
I think that it's silly to limit short barreled rifles for instance by suggesting that they are more concealable when someone could much more easily pack a glock 19 with 30 round mags already or and AR pistol .... the restrictions for these and short barreled shotguns, AOWs, suppressors, etc are just silly. I think that anyone that can legally own a gun should be able to own these things without restriction.

I look at a suppressor more of a courtesy than a tool for criminals I guess ... I think everyone should be using suppressors all the time if for no other reason than to save your ears and those around you ... and not to wake the neighbors when you want to go shooting.

I don't see a problem with anyone that is legal to own a gun having select fire either but it doesn't effect me much. I've never had much interest in full auto stuff.

Ive lambstaed you? Im just having a discussion while I eat oreos . No emotion involved except for the anger I feel that im now out of oreos.

No, I don't believe you, particularly, have. There has been, however, a general characterization in this thread of my anti-felons-with-machine-gun arguments as emotion based. I apologize for unfairly singling you out on the issue, and I'll send you an additional box of Oreos by way of restitution. PM me your shipping address.

Mmmm, oreos.

And not to derail too much you gotta post a pic of the Skorpion SBR
When I get a free moment ill do just that!

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't believe you, particularly, have. There has been, however, a general characterization in this thread of my anti-felons-with-machine-gun arguments as emotion based. I apologize for unfairly singling you out on the issue, and I'll send you an additional box of Oreos by way of restitution. PM me your shipping address.
forgiven! I love me some oreos. Everyone has their opinions. I respect them even if I dont agree with them.

Back
Top Bottom