• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you support moving Confederate statues away from government buildings and spaces?

HELL no and I'm a Damn Yankee, and a former New Yorker at that!

According to their Governor, I'm not welcome there and neither are my ARs and over 10 round magazines!

http://newstalk1130.iheart.com/onair/dan-odonnell-37717/new-york-city-mayor-doesnt-want-11998974/

"extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay....have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are."

Read more: http://newstalk1130.iheart.com/onair/dan-odonnell-37717/new-york-city-mayor-doesnt-want-11998974/#ixzz4ps0Vb3jH

Well I don't care if someone is gay or not but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I voted NO because what happen, the Civil War is part of the U.S. HISTORY. The problem starts when HATE GROUPS use these Monuments as a Rally CRY!! The Civil War ended in 1865, it's 2017 the HATE that comes from people is not coming from these Monuments, it's being taught at home, school of social gatherings!!! I'm glad now that I Prep and I'm ready to meet any threat!!

Well said! But the poll is asking if it's ok to move them away from government buildings........where are they moving them to?

Ironic isn't it that Lee freed his slaves before the start of the war between states to show that he wasn't going to war over slavery. Joe Johnston and James Longstreet (and Virginia's Mosby) didn't even support slavery while Grant could only respond to the effect that no, it was hard to find good help when asked if he would release his slaves after Lincoln issued the emancipation proclamation (which only freed slaves in the south not Grant's in the north). Sherman went as far as to say that the only way then black and white races could live together was in a slave master relationship. I wonder how many of those "educated" vandals even knew any of that? I think everyone knows that slavery as well as segregation were completely wrong (even when Grant was doing it and Sherman advocating it), but the reality is over 90% of the southern troops (including my great-great grandfather who was wounded in the battle for Atlanta, and a sharecropper after the war) didn't own slaves and certainly wouldn't have been fighting so that some rich guy could own slaves! There's a difference between honoring one's ancestors who fought for the south, and a white supremacist (though the bought and paid for protestors seem to ignorant or unwilling to acknowledge that fact.) I totally get that some African-Americans are genuinely offended by the confederate flag because it was misappropriated by groups like the KKK (which also misappropriated the American and Christian flags and gut wrenchingly blasphemed by using the hymn "The Old Rugged Cross" at their rallies.) (Don't worry Black Christian brother or sister, there won't be any race haters in heaven because they failed to get Christ's message that if you can't love your brother that you have seen, you can't love God that you've not seen.) I wonder how long it will take the left to start persecuting Christians using their same misguided logic.

As for Grant, according to this source he freed his slave prior to the war: http://www.factcheck.org/2007/12/presidents-who-owned-slaves/

Grant owned a slave named William Jones, whom he freed in 1859. Between 1854 and 1859 Grant worked and lived on an 850-acre farm in Missouri, near St. Louis, that was owned by his father-in-law. Grant’s wife, Julia, also owned slaves, and during Grant’s management of the farm he worked along with one of them, a man named Dan. The farm is now the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site, part of the National Park Service.

Another source: https://pastexplore.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/did-ulysses-s-grant-own-slaves-during-the-civil-war/

There are literally no other pieces of historical evidence to suggest that Grant ever owned slaves at any point after 1859. The quote about Grant not being able to find any good labor is a complete fabrication and you will not find it in his edited papers or any newspapers from the time. It’s simply not true.

Back
Top Bottom