• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you support moving Confederate statues away from government buildings and spaces?

We lost the war.

And now they are trying to erase that we ever existed.

How did we let it get like this?

By letting them get away with it I guess. I should be more involved...

The link you posted directly contradicts your statement:

"North Carolina’s largest slave holder in 1860 was a black plantation owner named William Ellison."

False: William Ellison was a very wealthy black plantation owner and cotton gin manufacturer who lived in South Carolina (not North Carolina). According to the 1860 census (in which his surname was listed as “Ellerson”), he owned 63 black slaves, making him the largest of the 171 black slaveholders in South Carolina, but far from the largest overall slave holder in the state.

It's my understanding that Snopes isn't taken for gospel truth around here, but when they provide links to their sources (as above) you can see for yourself. Uneducated morons and all...

Quoting Snopes is like quoting a watch without a battery. It's correct a couple of times a day.

We lost the war.

And now they are trying to erase that we ever existed.

How did we let it get like this?

By letting them get away with it I guess. I should be more involved...
Well I'll take it one step further. Let's get rid of ALL the potentially offensive historical names and places. For example anything named after Richard B Russell has to go since he was a segregationist. Anything named after Robert Byrd or Al Gore senior as well. Plus ANYTHING named after JFK definitely has to go since that entire family was crooked and highly offensive to me. Not to mention all the damn streets renamed MLK. And I want that damn Tubman Museum in downtown Macon closed. And the NAACP will definitely have to change it's name since the C stands for Colored. How in the hell in this day and age can Colored still be okay to be in an organizations name? I can't say Colored to black people.
On a separate but related note I certainly don't want to go to jail or get my head cracked but if they try to **** with Stone Mountain i feel like I will have to be present and accounted for.

Back
Top Bottom