• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you think a recession is coming around the corner?

Could have just skipped the whole post except for this.
Someone either understands this or they are a liberal butt hole...
The problem is that the left has beat up Republicans for decades, for not raising the taxes to pay for their spending.

This number is a couple years old now. But our government spends money at a rate of 7.23 million dollars every 60 seconds. The problem is that government revenue does not cover all that and they are overspending at a rate of one million dollars a minute.

I know you don't know these numbers like I do. But think about it. There are 320 million people in the country and 525600 minutes in a year. Only 5.8 percent are millionaires. Do you think it is possible to tax our way out of this situation?

The obvious answer is to freeze this years spending at 16% of the previous years GDP, cut taxes overall, Grow the economy, and shrink the deficit. If they overspend this year. Take away the amount they overspend from the following years years budget.

F^&*ing politicians will always find some excuse why they have to overspend.

The left has a basic objection to this line of thinking because they do not want the masses to be self sufficient. They get their power from promising to provide. The government makes a very poor provider. Welfare, Food stamps aka EBT. Section 8 housing. unemployment. All examples of government programs that you have to be poor to qualify for. And punish you if you earn any real money. So how are you supposed to work your way off of it?

The problem is that the left has beat up Republicans for decades, for not raising the taxes to pay for their spending.

This number is a couple years old now. But our government spends money at a rate of 7.23 million dollars every 60 seconds. The problem is that government revenue does not cover all that and they are overspending at a rate of one million dollars a minute.

I know you don't know these numbers like I do. But think about it. There are 320 million people in the country and 525600 minutes in a year. Only 5.8 percent are millionaires. Do you think it is possible to tax our way out of this situation?

The obvious answer is to freeze this years spending at 16% of the previous years GDP, cut taxes overall, Grow the economy, and shrink the deficit. If they overspend this year. Take away the amount they overspend from the following years years budget.

The left has a basic objection to this line of thinking because they do not want the masses to be self sufficient. They get their power from promising to provide. The government makes a very poor provider. Welfare, Food stamps aka EBT. Section 8 housing. unemployment. All examples of government programs that you have to be poor to qualify for. And punish you if you earn any real money. So how are you supposed to work your way off of it?

I never understood that while someone receives benefits because they are poor, they are penalized if they go out and earn money on the books. How else are they going to get their house in order solely living on handouts?? It keeps people locked in poverty. Maybe give them 12 more months of assistance to solidify their financial situation. It will work for some, but others may never drag themselves upwards. Not sure exactly what would work, but policy needs to change because there are generations of people still in poverty after all the efforts over the decades.

That isn't what I had in mind. My source of economic stability never runs out.
I am self employed and deal in cash only. No investments to speak of. I rely on God my Father to meet my needs. Were as my dad is worth quite a bit and invested up to his eye balls. He will feel the pinch.

i would agree except the GOP reps that have been in power since i have been alive also pushed us into the red with spending. neither party is the savings party or party of the purse

I think I saw a quote years ago that stated something like, if the govt confiscated all the money from everyone in America, that money would only fund the Govt for about 3/4 of one year.

Back
Top Bottom