• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip pre-tax or post-tax?

I always leave cash on the table, and if the receipt has a place to write tip amount on it I write "taxation is theft".

As far as percentage I always tip at least 20% but most the time it's closer to 50% cause I usually eat alone with a bill around $10 and I just leave a $5.

I always leave cash on the table, and if the receipt has a place to write tip amount on it I write "taxation is theft".

As far as percentage I always tip at least 20% but most the time it's closer to 50% cause I usually eat alone with a bill around $10 and I just leave a $5.

Dude with $510 cartel grips be ballin'

:lol: I'm not a baller by any stretch of the imagination. I make well under the median income in this country. I would just feel like a cheap bastard if I left a $1.50 or $2 tip.

Just messing with you. I feel the same. $1.50 unless you're sitting at the counter seems ridiculous and even then I wouldn't.

Having worked as a server, bartender and manager in restaurants throughout college the norm was tip on the total amount, and that is how I calculate my tips when I am eating out. As far as takeout goes usually 10%, but if I sit and have a beer while I wait I leave more.

I tip pre tax after type of service, I have left no tip at all because of service. One instance at out back when my daughter ordered mai mai hai and some of the waits friends came in and ordered and my daughter was told that they were out, but her friend was served the order. Never got drink refills. That young lady(?) Got nothing but a complaint to her boss whom I just happened to know.

I tip on final check. Wife who works in a tips business actually told me correct etiquette was to tip before being served as TIPS is To Insure Prompt Service to guarantee your service is great.
This is like paying for a service before you receive it. Not a good idea. It removes any incentive to perform well.

Back
Top Bottom