• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tip pre-tax or post-tax?

A question to consider/ponder, we all get sales tax collected from us on everything that we buy, is that correct? If we purchase items from bonified established business we do..

So when the the tip is paid on the total bill, who pays additional tax on the tip paid on the total bill whether the extra tip tax is only .14 or several hundred dollars on a big corporate bill. Is that not double taxation whether voluntary or business or personally imposed?

So if it is based on service only why are we tipping the sales tax division, then the owner of the businesses are responsible for payment of tax collections, that could amount to several million dollars by just the service industry state wide each year alone that should be paid to the state, by the waiters/waitresses,and then paid to the business owners and then paid to the state.

just a simple suggestion to ponder...

Anyone who says “I only tip if...” or “I don’t tip if...” or anything with a crappy 10% tip involved is just a cheap bastard looking for an excuse not to tip. If you can’t afford to tip appropriately, then you can’t afford to eat out. Stay home and grill your own steak. It’s so extraordinarily rare to encounter truly bad service that it’s not worth factoring in to this discussion. If I do receive bad service, I’ll confront the server and/or the management or simply not return. This is why I won’t set foot in a red lobster. They provide consistently bad service. There’s no other industry where you can decide that an employee should not get paid simply because you didn’t like something.

To go orders are taken, ordered, packed and delivered by a server who is forfeiting tables in order to work to-go. Usually because they’re required to do it. Not tipping them is ****ty too. Buy, cook, serve and clean up your own food if you can’t afford to tip.

If you’re getting bad service on a regular basis, it’s probably because you’re a dick.

Anyone who says “I only tip if...” or “I don’t tip if...” or anything with a crappy 10% tip involved is just a cheap bastard looking for an excuse not to tip. If you can’t afford to tip appropriately, then you can’t afford to eat out. Stay home and grill your own steak. It’s so extraordinarily rare to encounter truly bad service that it’s not worth factoring in to this discussion. If I do receive bad service, I’ll confront the server and/or the management or simply not return. This is why I won’t set foot in a red lobster. They provide consistently bad service. There’s no other industry where you can decide that an employee should not get paid simply because you didn’t like something.

To go orders are taken, ordered, packed and delivered by a server who is forfeiting tables in order to work to-go. Usually because they’re required to do it. Not tipping them is ****ty too. Buy, cook, serve and clean up your own food if you can’t afford to tip.

If you’re getting bad service on a regular basis, it’s probably because you’re a dick.
Do this and they will spit in (or do worse ) to your food.

Back
Top Bottom