• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dobbs arc22, stoopid quiet

I was testing with federal automatch, cci standard, gemtech subs and some S&B subs.

The federal was still supersonic. I liked the gemtech and S&B the best. Need to go shoot some more to decide.
I've got an FV-SR and a Sparrow.

I like CCI Standard and Aguila subsonic. Both are crazy quiet and pretty accurate.

I tried some American Eagle Suppressor once. Believe it or not, it was even quieter than the CCI or Aguila, but accuracy was terrible.

I like CCI Standard and Aguila subsonic. Both are crazy quiet and pretty accurate.

I tried some American Eagle Suppressor once. Believe it or not, it was even quieter than the CCI or Aguila, but accuracy was terrible.

I don't see how it can get quieter. It made no noise at all. I need to test for accuracy some more. Once I got it sighted in, i was more having fun then paying attention.

I don't see how it can get quieter. It made no noise at all. I need to test for accuracy some more. Once I got it sighted in, i was more having fun then paying attention.
I know it's unbelievable, but I promise it's true. lol

Pick up a box sometime and stagger it in a mag with some other types of subsonic ammo. You'll hear a difference from one shot to the next.

Another cool thing is that if you shoot at an outdoor range on a sunny day with a bipod, you can actually SEE the bullet go down range and hit the target. It's moving THAT slow! lol

I know it's unbelievable, but I promise it's true. lol

Pick up a box sometime and stagger it in a mag with some other types of subsonic ammo. You'll hear a difference from one shot to the next.

Another cool thing is that if you shoot at an outdoor range on a sunny day with a bipod, you can actually SEE the bullet go down range and hit the target. It's moving THAT slow! lol

I will give that a try, staggering ammo in the mag.

I will give that a try, staggering ammo in the mag.
I've done it several times with different types of subsonic ammo just to hear the difference from one shot to the next. It's pretty cool.

Speaking of mags, that's my one and only complaint about the FV-SR. The factory mags are junk and NOBODY makes an aftermarket mag for the gun.

Other than that though, I LOVE mine. I polished my bolt up to a mirror shine so it just glides back and forth. I also did a trigger job on mine. I don't have a gauge to measure the pull, but I'm positive that it's under 1 pound. You pull back the accutrigger blade to the trigger face, and then it only takes a small amount of pressure beyond that the make the gun fire.

It's one of the cheapest guns I own, but one of my favorites.

What he said about the American Eagle. My favorite .22 sub !

I was testing with federal automatch, cci standard, gemtech subs and some S&B subs.

The federal was still supersonic. I liked the gemtech and S&B the best. Need to go shoot some more to decide.

Buddy found the Gemtech subs to be the most consistent for his. Bought 5000 rounds from Aim Surplus when they had them on sale and got a good price break for bulk if you can afford it.

Back
Top Bottom