• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dodge Ram help

I have a scanner, it's not throwing any codes

I got a new TPS this morning, I'll put it in at lunch and see what happens.
Mine did the same thing, and every time I changed the TPS it ran better for a while. Pick up the crank sensor at the same time and save yourself the headache.

my 5.9 cummins will idle up sometimes by itself if its real cold out. its kinda weird when your in the store and you hear you truck idling up by itself ! idk if its supposed to do that or not. large intake and 4" turbo out no cat or muffler may be why, or why i can hear it

I'm back.

Now with the code p0068 - MAP/TPS correlation.

I have replaced the TPS, MAP sensor, crankshaft position sensor, and PCV valve.

It will randomly just shut off. Sometimes it is great, runs and shifts smooth and sometimes it has no power like it is always in a gear or two too high.

Yesterday it was great, idled smooth ran great.
This morning leaving my neighborhood it died when I pulled out on the main road about the time it should have been shifting to 3rd.

If you give it a few seconds it will crank right back up.

I don't know what else to do.

Thoughts? It's going in the shop next week if I can figure it out.

my 5.9 cummins will idle up sometimes by itself if its real cold out. its kinda weird when your in the store and you hear you truck idling up by itself ! idk if its supposed to do that or not. large intake and 4" turbo out no cat or muffler may be why, or why i can hear it

The idle up is normal. You can actually also raise the rpm to warm up faster too.
If you dont have remote start i bought one on ebay for less than $50 and installed it 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom