• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anybody edc anything really nice or unique?

Is something that costs over 500$ too nice to edc?

• He// yeah! I'll stick with my glock and just shoot the expensive toys at the range.

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • I like looking at my nice guns and maintaining the round count at 0.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • If I paid 800$+ for something I'm going to carry and use it.

Votes: 47 51.1%
  • This poll needs more tacos.

Votes: 28 30.4%

• Total voters
I EDC my wife. That pretty much keeps me safe.

giphy.gif

It seems to me that everyone's carry is usually the same. Its either a glock 19 or some sub compact (shield, glock 43). My question is does anyone carry anything unique or expensive and use it like it was designed for? My edc is an hk usp compact in 9mm. Sometimes I'll carry a p229 elite or a colt combat commander. And as soon as I find a good holster I'll start throwing a cz p01 omega into the mix as well. These obviously aren't the most expensive guns out there but I dont like to leave anything just gathering dust in the safe.

I understand the sentiment to want to put your toys to use, but rotating between three different pistols with three different types of trigger is probably not a good idea. If I were to rotate carry guns, it has to be a similar trigger, like a Glock 43/shield or Kahr PM9/CZ P01, or various 1911s.

I carried a P9/PM9 for a long time, but switched to a G43 about a year ago and I don’t rotate between the two for carry. YMMV but sounds like a bad idea for most people.

But back on topic, nicest gun I’ve ever CC’d was a Dan Wesson CCO, but couldn’t get comfortable with a thumb safety due to lack of practice, plus it was heavier than I liked. Also, not too fond of the police keeping my $1200 gun if I ever have to use it.

I carried a Les Baer for around 5 years. Not because it was expensive but because it was the best tool I had for the job.

I switched to Glock after moving to Georgia due to humidity and I got tired of oiling my 1911 every night.

Carrying a Nighthawk currently. As stated above it's the best tool for the job I have. On the timer I'm much quicker on target and shoot much more accurately than anything else I own that I can conceal.
In my mind if it gets confiscated bc I successfully used it to defend myself and/or family, then it was a worth while investment.

Back
Top Bottom