• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anybody practice Krav Maga?

C Drill97

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Like the title says. I’m interested in learning Krav Maga, but don’t really know where to start. I’d like to get some feedback on it, and if you train somewhere do you have full contact sparring?

Like the title says. I’m interested in learning Krav Maga, but don’t really know where to start. I’d like to get some feedback on it, and if you train somewhere do you have full contact sparring?
Would you be interested in a training video DVD at all? I have one put together by a former Israeli special forces commando and combat instructor who was part of the "Sayeret Golani". Not quite the same thing as in-person training though obviously.

It's a good system. Aggression combined with solid skills will always beat untrained aggression, punch in the face or not.
I hold the rank of instructor in 3 systems, any system is only as good as you develope your skills with. I've watched an untrained guy start throwing hay makers and beat the bejeezus out of a very agile and healthy seasoned black belt, some people are just natural wrecking machines

I'd say go to an MMA gym and look into jiu jitsu, muay thai, boxing, judo, mma wrestling, and/or kickboxing. I trained for years through highschool/college and a well rounded skill set is invaluable. In my experience its typically cheaper to train multiple martial parts in the same gym than it is to get a private krav maga instructor.

Krav maga is an amazing martial art but it's still a martial art just like any other. You won't get far in a self defense situation if you get tackled and don't even know how to sprawl or work the ground.

I hold the rank of instructor in 3 systems, any system is only as good as you develope your skills with. I've watched an untrained guy start throwing hay makers and beat the bejeezus out of a very agile and healthy seasoned black belt, some people are just natural wrecking machines
One of my old gyms had a fighter that almost exclusively trained jiu jitsu. Everyone told him no matter how good you are you'll lose without further training. He ended up losing so badly his first fight to a fresh 0-0 I think he quit the sport all together.

Your only as good as your weakest link.

Back
Top Bottom