• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anybody practice Krav Maga?

Would you be interested in a training video DVD at all? I have one put together by a former Israeli special forces commando and combat instructor who was part of the "Sayeret Golani". Not quite the same thing as in-person training though obviously.
Yeah, I’d be interested. How much would you want for it?

I hold the rank of instructor in 3 systems, any system is only as good as you develope your skills with. I've watched an untrained guy start throwing hay makers and beat the bejeezus out of a very agile and healthy seasoned black belt, some people are just natural wrecking machines

Haymaker dude was much more aggressive and willing to commit violence than Mr Black Belt was.

Here's what I was trying to say: if you have two men of equal size, strength, and aggression, the better trained one will invariably win. I just said it in a much more pithy manner.

Haymaker dude was much more aggressive and willing to commit violence than Mr Black Belt was.

Here's what I was trying to say: if you have two men of equal size, strength, and aggression, the better trained one will invariably win. I just said it in a much more pithy manner.
I understand what you meant and I agree 99%, it was that 1% that I witnessed firsthand and it was honestly a great learning experience to have witnessed and thankfully not been on the receiving end of

I hold the rank of instructor in 3 systems, any system is only as good as you develope your skills with. I've watched an untrained guy start throwing hay makers and beat the bejeezus out of a very agile and healthy seasoned black belt, some people are just natural wrecking machines
This is 100% true!!!!! I’ve seen a black belt get mauled in a ring by a street fighter. Same age and weight.

I practiced krav maga for more than a decade. It’s really good for certain things - developing the willingness to get very aggressive in a violent situation, some devastating “dirty” strikes, stress drills, and knife/gun/blunt object defenses. There typically is not full contact sparring until later in the curriculum. If you train krav maga, I would recommend cross training in muay thai, boxing or BJJ in order to tie it all together. So much is dependent on the quality of instruction.

Back
Top Bottom