• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone here have experience with the UTG Pro series of free float rails?

Dang, that is weird because I was thinking the same thing, but hadn't gotten around to asking. I hear the PRO line is much better quality, and supposedly made in the US.

I do, installed one for my brother in law...was straight forward and extremely easy...its very light, even in the 15" variety...dunno if you can see it, but its in my avi

IMG_0161.jpgIMG_0163.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a slim, light, sturdy, affordable free float hand guard for an 18" barreled AR. I'm thinking 13" or 15" length.

I do, installed one for my brother in law...was straight forward and extremely easy...its very light, even in the 15" variety...dunno if you can see it, but its in my avi

Is it sturdy? What do you think about the barrel nut? Would you buy one for yourself?

P.S. Primary arms has 15% off on all handguards right now.

15% OFF ALL AR-15 HANDGUARDS! Use coupon code GUARDRAIL

Is it sturdy? - Seems to be ok, it locks up to the barrel nut insert via 6 screws

What do you think about the barrel nut? - not sure i love the barrel nut having an "insert" which is actually what the hand guard attaches to

Would you buy one for yourself? - at the $130 that he spent...i can't see not adding a few more dollars and getting something, even lighter, with a better rep, but the UTG Pro isn't a POS...to answer the question...no.

P.S. Primary arms has 15% off on all handguards right now.

15% OFF ALL AR-15 HANDGUARDS! Use coupon code GUARDRAIL

muzzle devices too!

Back
Top Bottom