• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone here not carry a gun everyday? Has anyone carried and quit?

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I have carried a gun almost every day for 20+ years. I have never worked a job where carry was allowed but smart carry, pocket carry and AIWB work miracles. Recently I just quit and I cant explain it. I was sitting at work one day and it was hot with a Glock 19, pocket knife, hand sanitizer, flash light, wallet, etc and just walked to my truck and unloaded it all. I kept my wallet and pocket knife. It seemed like everything was suddenly heavy and the touch seemed to irritate me. Since then I am only carrying a gun when I am with my family. If Im robbed I am robbed of a few hundred bucks. If I am killed over my wallet Im dead. My family could survive without me. Maybe I've gotten lazy, maybe I've given up, Im not sure. It just doesn't seem to be worth it. Is there anyone else who even though we are in crazy times we have always been and just doesn't see the need to carry a gun all the time? I guess its sort of like church I go because I feel my family needs to be there but unsure if I do. Its almost like carrying a gun and going to church was just checking something off the list.

I have carried a gun almost every day for 20 ish years. I have never worked a job where carry was allowed but smart carry, pocket carry and AIWB work miracles. Recently I just quit and I cant explain it. I was sitting at work one day and it was hot with a Glock 19, pocket knife, hand sanitizer, flash light, wallet, etc and just walked to my truck and unloaded it all. I kept my wallet and pocket knife. It seemed like everything was suddenly heavy and the touch seemed to irritate me. Since then I am only carrying a gun when I am with my family. If Im robbed I am robbed of a few hundred bucks. If I am killed over my wallet Im dead. My family could survive without me. Maybe I've gotten lazy, maybe I've given up, Im not sure. It just doesn't seem to be worth it. Is there anyone else who even though we are in crazy times we have always been and just doesn't see the need to carry a gun all the time? I guess its sort of like church I go because I feel my family needs to be there but unsure if I do. Its almost like carrying a gun and going to church was just checking something off the list.
Sounds like Big Tracey got to you.Still like you but fear for your safety.

Downsize to a P365. Cheap insurance
Love mine it doesn't print in my pants pocket
Bang1.jpg

Some on here are retired, some have never worked at a job where they couldn't carry, I myself work at a job where I can't carry, so don't be critical to those who can't carry unless you have been in that position. Then there are some who say I'd quit that job if I couldn't carry. I carry everywhere but work or Federal places. When I do retire I can talk that talk. Until then business as usual.

I have carried a gun almost every day for 20+ years. I have never worked a job where carry was allowed but smart carry, pocket carry and AIWB work miracles. Recently I just quit and I cant explain it. I was sitting at work one day and it was hot with a Glock 19, pocket knife, hand sanitizer, flash light, wallet, etc and just walked to my truck and unloaded it all. I kept my wallet and pocket knife. It seemed like everything was suddenly heavy and the touch seemed to irritate me. Since then I am only carrying a gun when I am with my family. If Im robbed I am robbed of a few hundred bucks. If I am killed over my wallet Im dead. My family could survive without me. Maybe I've gotten lazy, maybe I've given up, Im not sure. It just doesn't seem to be worth it. Is there anyone else who even though we are in crazy times we have always been and just doesn't see the need to carry a gun all the time? I guess its sort of like church I go because I feel my family needs to be there but unsure if I do. Its almost like carrying a gun and going to church was just checking something off the list.
I understand this completely.

Back
Top Bottom