• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone here wet shave?

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Your grandfather probably did it. Shaving with shave soap, mug, brush, and either a straight or double edge saftey razor. Who here is into it?

my face gets cut up enough with those throw aways, I'd probably hurt myself with one of those things. They cut pretty close I hear.

I just started wet shaving. you do get a lot better of a shave that's for sure. I haven't cut myself b/c I'm using a Gillette Super speed that was made in the 50's. You turn the knob at the bottom and the doors open at the top so you can replace the razors a lot easier. I will say that I can go an extra day of not having to shave b/c it is so close. But your using a higher quality soap or cream lather that moisturizes better than the gel in the can stuff. I don't think I'll ever go back to my fusion quad razor.

I tried more than a few times with a straight razor, worked ok. Close shave but it turned out to be time consuming. Spent more time worrying about cutting myself than anything.

With that said, I still use the shave soap and brush, just use a normal Gillette Mach 5 or whatever they are called.

My lineup is:

Art of shaving shaving oil--you may laugh but it works
Body Shop shave soap
Body Shop badger brush
Gillette Razor

I rarely use aftershave or cream so I normally just splash with cold water. I was told cold water shaves help keep the blood vessels constricted so if by chance you do cut yourself, it wont bleed as much. Don't know if that's true or not but that what I do anyway.

I tried more than a few times with a straight razor, worked ok. Close shave but it turned out to be time consuming. Spent more time worrying about cutting myself than anything.

With that said, I still use the shave soap and brush, just use a normal Gillette Mach 5 or whatever they are called.

My lineup is:

Art of shaving shaving oil--you may laugh but it works
Body Shop shave soap
Body Shop badger brush
Gillette Razor

I rarely use aftershave or cream so I normally just splash with cold water. I was told cold water shaves help keep the blood vessels constricted so if by chance you do cut yourself, it wont bleed as much. Don't know if that's true or not but that what I do anyway.

I'm using:

Proraso pre shave
I'm still using a couple different soaps and cremes to find what I like
Van Der Haagen pure badger brush
Gillette flare tip super speed with Derby razors
Proraso post shave
Old spice splash aftershave.

I found a forum (i couldn't believe it when I found it), they buy/sell/trade shaving stuff just like we all do here with our guns and ammo. it's called www.badgerandblade.com.
I bought a bunch of samples of soaps, cremes, and aftershaves from one of the vendors on there. Very nice people on their too.

Do you guys have nothing better to do? 45 seconds with the electric so I can move on to other things. I've been married 18 years. I'm not trying to woo anyone.

I was trying to enjoy my shaving experience more. It's the little things in life that bring pleasure. Plus, you never know, I might try to woo you Chris.

Do you guys have nothing better to do? 45 seconds with the electric so I can move on to other things. I've been married 18 years. I'm not trying to woo anyone.

Rarely do I perfectly agree with CCW...but he hit this one right on the head with the exception of the electric part. I throw the shave cream on...pick up my Fusion razor...shave...rinse...and move on. Of course, since I am out of work at the moment I might shave once a week whether I need it or not.

Back
Top Bottom