• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone here wet shave?

Gilette adjustable super speed (circa 1962) boar brush with mug and soap cake, quick hot towel on face then shave. great way to start the day.

I know there are a ton more soaps on the market and a lot of folks don't like the VDH, but it works for me. I tried Williams and that stuff is terrible. Goes on dry and gets drier as you shave. Not a fan of the straight razor skipping all over my face. Maybe one day I'll buy some of the upper end soaps and try them.......one day....

pm'd.

Can you use regular shave gel with water on wet face for safety razor?

i use an BOKER straight razor and i use shave gel out of the can. however, since shave gels arent really that great, i usually do this after a really hot shower. helps to soften the hairs so the razor can do its job.

Barber shop shave once a week.

I shave my head and face daily.

HeadBlade mentholated shave cream and HeadBlade Ghost razor.
Nivea Q10 lotion or Bump Patrol for a finish.

The key is to get the water STUPID hot to prevent razor burn.

I usually use a straight razor today it was a W.R. Case and Sons. I also have an adjustable Gillette double edge. I have about 12 straights, all vintage and in varying stages of repair. Its an awesome way to shave. Just my .02

Yep, use my old shave mug and brush from my grandfather, have the safety razor as well not pictured. He got it while over seas in WWII.
i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_d0cf4e4ae6d3456ab42a8741616ad384.jpg

Back
Top Bottom