• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone really give a rip about bump-stocks being banned?

I agree, I didn't like the way they were banned and also suspect that it will come back to haunt gun owners later. However, I was concerned when they started becoming popular, that some nut job would use them for a mass shooting. At the end of the day, that's what got them banned. The problem was the way they went about "the end justifies the means". They could've had Congress debate the issue and handle it Constitutionally which if banned, would've allowed a Supreme Court challenge.

It is no different than the way they banned the Atkins Accelerator. It was a bump stock.

I do not remember any angst when the AA was banned.

The Akins accelerator actually had a mechanical device in the stock witch pushed the trigger back into your finger which is why it was declared a machine gun.

Similar principle however the bump stock lacks any mechanics.

I’m still pissed off about all gun control, but more so when it is done unconstitutionally by a Republican President by executive fiat.

Honestly I am more pissed off about bump stocks than I was about the 94 AWB.

Trump lost any chance of me voting for him again in 2020 with that move.

not me, BMF activators are still legal so far as I know,

They were supposed to be covered under the original ban proposal, as well as the echo triggers. I guess they will get around to them after the next CIA/FBI orchestrated mass shooting.

It is no different than the way they banned the Atkins Accelerator. It was a bump stock.

I do not remember any angst when the AA was banned.

To be honest, I had to go look that up. The lack of angst was probably due to the AA only being sold for 7 months, before the ATF changed its own mind. Maybe a hundred people affected, not that it makes right?

The Slidefire style bumpstocks have been sold for over two decades, before the POTUS directed the ATF to look into a way ban them. People are a lot more aware of losing rights nowadays as well.

To be honest, I had to go look that up. The lack of angst was probably due to the AA only being sold for 7 months, before the ATF changed its own mind. Maybe a hundred people affected, not that it makes right?

The Slidefire style bumpstocks have been sold for over two decades, before the POTUS directed the ATF to look into a way ban them. People are a lot more aware of losing rights nowadays as well.

The precedent was set many decades ago to control or ban firearms accessories. The lightinglink is deemed a firearm and is controlled now and new manufacture banned. Silencers are treated as firearms and tightly controlled. Certain states ban hi-cap mags and threaded barrels. The list goes on and on. These are all accessories, just like bumpy stocks.

I never owned one, but the way it was banned was absolutely wrong.

1. It’s not a machine gun, period, end of story. The ATF basically just set a very dangerous precedent, allowing them to redefine a machine gun they way “they” see fit. The question now is, what’s the allowed rate of fire?
2. People were forced to destroy or turn in their property, without any compensation.
3. An overreach of power that doesn’t affect you, is still an overreach of power.

We have not seen the end of this.

I agree with #2, ATF made a ruling without any consideration of compensation. Why does the people have to loose in the ATF's incompetence. Not taking into consideration that a "bump stock" isn't a machine gun....in my opinion was a political move.

I understand the slippery slope, but these things are for the stupid. Totally inaccurate spray of fire that takes 1000's of rounds of practice to tame. Is there anyone that likes them? I agree that banning anything 2A sucks, but bump-stocks? Change my mind.

I don't want one but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to have one.

'First they came for the machine guns and I said nothing because they said gangsters used machine guns. Then they came for the short barreled shotguns and I said nothing because they said bootleggers and moonshiners used short barreled shotguns. Then they came for the assault-style weapons and I said nothing because they said only potential school shooters used assault-style weapons. Then they came for the high capacity magazines and I said nothing because they said only mass murderers needed high capacity magazines. Then they came for the silencers and I said nothing because they said only hitmen used silencers. Then they came for the ammunition and I said nothing because they said only paranoid preppers wanted more than a couple boxes of ammunition.
Then they came for me, and they had machine guns.'

Back
Top Bottom