Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone really give a rip about bump-stocks being banned?

Thread in 'Law & Order' started by JRS58, Jul 4, 2019.

1. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

104   0

Rating
    100%
    And there it is...

I am a pragmatist. Yes, there is the 2AM and in a perfect world where we always get what we want that would be enough.

We don't live in that world. I think the ban is stupid, but it is what it is. Are you really willing to plant your flag in the ground on the crappy bump stock, or save it for something that actually matters?

spencer60 likes this.
  2. Vman

Vman ODT Junkie!

12   0

Rating
    100%
    That's what I keep sayin', since nobody wants to "plant their flag" or "die on that hill" for ANY of the infringements so far. Apparently they think there will one day be a door to door confiscation and all of a sudden everyone will rise up and fight! lol A) Those parasite pansy politicians aren't quite that stupid-yet anyway and B) If the majority of supposed 2A supporters would rather make excuses than fight for the "little" things now, they aren't going to fight when it really matters either. But the ones who take their rights a bit more seriously just Might muster up and get together if things just get totally stupid. I can hope...:rolleyes:

300_whisper and palmettomoon like this.
  3. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

104   0

Rating
    100%
    Maybe the bump stock is just ghey, and we realize that it was obviously a workaround to make the semi-auto rifle into an auto. It's like the pistol brace. It's not a brace for 99.99% of the people who bought one. It's a stock so that we can shoulder what would otherwise be an SBR that we don't want to pay for or go through the hassle of making it into... so we put a "brace" on it as a workaround...

But we do it, knowing that that's what we are doing and so long as they let this loophole go I don't see a problem with it. When they eventually say no more, we will complain but in the back of our minds we knew we were playing in the gray area all along... Is anyone really fooled by a brace outfitted with all of the accessories and optics that really only work when shouldering a weapon?

Sometimes you have to pick your battles. The issue isn't the bump stock, or the brace, or whatever other loophole we exploit to circumvent the NFA. The problem is the NFA.

That's what we need to be fighting. I view braces and bumpstocks as loopholes, and I will take advantage of them while I can, but I do so knowing that that is all that they are... loopholes, that based on the current law, probably should not have been on market to begin with...

That said, the LAWS are stupid. Without the idiotic NFA there would be no need to have loopholes and workarounds... But I feel like fighting for braces or bump stocks, is the wrong hill to dig in to. Going after the NFA, is where the fight should be made. We win that, and all this other crap becomes moot.

StuP and AC-130 Above like this.
  4. Alaskan in Georgia

Alaskan in Georgia Frontiersman Supporter

Supporter

24   0

Rating
    100%
    They are stupid and inaccurate, but @@! it's a lot of fun!! Lost mine in a boating accident :bolt:

Jake D., Fear Itself and palmettomoon like this.
  5. Dawgfan1988

Dawgfan1988 Be a Hoot, Don’t Pollute Supporter

Supporter

51   1

Rating
    98%
    long as day don't try an take em my deddys remmy 870 and grandeddys thurdy thurdy I don't care. dems the only guns anyone rally needs anyways

.17, FatAlbert, 300_whisper and 2 others like this.
  6. palmettomoon

palmettomoon NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater Supporter

Supporter

106   0

Rating
    100%
    I think I'll develop a boot polish flavored carbonated beverage. I could sell a bunch right here on the ODT.

7. Psilloh1

Psilloh1 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Banned Until:
    Sep 25, 2019

Banned

110   0

Rating
    100%
    I don’t plan on licking any boots, or anything else for that matter...

8. Alaskan in Georgia

Alaskan in Georgia Frontiersman Supporter

Supporter

24   0

Rating
    100%
    That sounds good! I'll take a 6 pack

9. 300_whisper

300_whisper Survivalist Supporter

Supporter

7   0

Rating
    100%
    No step on snek!

10. roydamnmercer

roydamnmercer Survivalist

28   0

Rating
    100%
    I remember in 1994...I realized how much more deadly my Assault-Rifle 15 was with that bayonet lug, pistol grip, and collapsible stock on it. So I called my senator, I was living in California back then, and told her about it. She got that Assault Weapons Bill through likety split! There’s no telling how many lives Sen. Feinstein and I saved then just by working for the common sense regulations aimed at keeping our citizens safe!

palmettomoon likes this.