• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone really give a rip about bump-stocks being banned?

I support the 2A but...

And there it is...

I am a pragmatist. Yes, there is the 2AM and in a perfect world where we always get what we want that would be enough.

We don't live in that world. I think the ban is stupid, but it is what it is. Are you really willing to plant your flag in the ground on the crappy bump stock, or save it for something that actually matters?

**** all that noise. Ban it all now. Let's git it on. Separate the men from the curs.
That's what I keep sayin', since nobody wants to "plant their flag" or "die on that hill" for ANY of the infringements so far. Apparently they think there will one day be a door to door confiscation and all of a sudden everyone will rise up and fight! lol A) Those parasite pansy politicians aren't quite that stupid-yet anyway and B) If the majority of supposed 2A supporters would rather make excuses than fight for the "little" things now, they aren't going to fight when it really matters either. But the ones who take their rights a bit more seriously just Might muster up and get together if things just get totally stupid. I can hope...:rolleyes:

That's what I keep sayin', since nobody wants to "plant their flag" or "die on that hill" for ANY of the infringements so far. Apparently they think there will one day be a door to door confiscation and all of a sudden everyone will rise up and fight! lol A) Those parasite pansy politicians aren't quite that stupid-yet anyway and B) If the majority of supposed 2A supporters would rather make excuses than fight for the "little" things now, they aren't going to fight when it really matters either. But the ones who take their rights a bit more seriously just Might muster up and get together if things just get totally stupid. I can hope...:rolleyes:

Maybe the bump stock is just ghey, and we realize that it was obviously a workaround to make the semi-auto rifle into an auto. It's like the pistol brace. It's not a brace for 99.99% of the people who bought one. It's a stock so that we can shoulder what would otherwise be an SBR that we don't want to pay for or go through the hassle of making it into... so we put a "brace" on it as a workaround...

But we do it, knowing that that's what we are doing and so long as they let this loophole go I don't see a problem with it. When they eventually say no more, we will complain but in the back of our minds we knew we were playing in the gray area all along... Is anyone really fooled by a brace outfitted with all of the accessories and optics that really only work when shouldering a weapon?

Sometimes you have to pick your battles. The issue isn't the bump stock, or the brace, or whatever other loophole we exploit to circumvent the NFA. The problem is the NFA.

That's what we need to be fighting. I view braces and bumpstocks as loopholes, and I will take advantage of them while I can, but I do so knowing that that is all that they are... loopholes, that based on the current law, probably should not have been on market to begin with...

That said, the LAWS are stupid. Without the idiotic NFA there would be no need to have loopholes and workarounds... But I feel like fighting for braces or bump stocks, is the wrong hill to dig in to. Going after the NFA, is where the fight should be made. We win that, and all this other crap becomes moot.

I remember in 1994...I realized how much more deadly my Assault-Rifle 15 was with that bayonet lug, pistol grip, and collapsible stock on it. So I called my senator, I was living in California back then, and told her about it. She got that Assault Weapons Bill through likety split! There’s no telling how many lives Sen. Feinstein and I saved then just by working for the common sense regulations aimed at keeping our citizens safe!

Back
Top Bottom