Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone really give a rip about bump-stocks being banned?

Thread in 'Law & Order' started by JRS58, Jul 4, 2019.

1. BIKER13

BIKER13 Redneck Expert Supporter

Special Hen Supporter

836   0

Rating
    100%
    bump stocks were banned? DJD

2. GAgunLAWbooklet

GAgunLAWbooklet The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

34   0

Rating
    100%

I don't I think there will ever be door to door confiscation on a widespread scale, just against individual gun owners for which the authorities have tips or other probable cause to believe that they have forbidden guns in their possession. Guns that have been banned, and long after the grace period to turn them in has expired.

When it comes to how much gun control the American people will accept before a sizable percentage of us start to revolt (which means shooting cops and maybe even soldiers, and hanging corrupt politicians and judges from the telephone poles ....)

I think that IF that point ever comes at all in the absence of widespread door-to-door confiscation, it would only come when the gun control laws taken together effectively disarm the American people. Which absolutely does not mean you are "infringed" as to whatever gun or gun accessory you want. I'm talking about practical real-life disarmament which means to say that most Americans are not allowed to own any firearms which are useful for combat, unorganized militia service, or home defense.

If we are allowed to have semi-automatic rifles and carbines and shotguns that use quick detachable magazines that hold up to 10 rounds in popular centerfire calibers that are lethal out to several hundred yards, then we have not been disarmed . And the people will not revolt over the level of gun control that exists at that time, since it still lets us have things like the SKS, or an M1 Garand, or an AR-15 that has the thumbhole stock instead of a pistol grip and is limited to 10 round mags only.

3. Vman

Vman ODT Junkie!

12   0

Rating
    100%
    That was more or less my point. Nobody wants to fight back against any kind of infringement but I think somewhere in the back of their mind they think, if the day ever comes that door to door confiscation happens-THEN the fight begins! But it's not likely to ever happen! But even in the unlikely event that it did, these same people would STILL not fight. So the continued whittling away of our right will continue because there will never be a good enough reason for anyone to fight back as long as they gots their big screen, football, beer and a little money in the bank and get to take a vacation once in a while. Fat and happy to the enslaved end.

palmettomoon likes this.
  4. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

104   0

Rating
    100%
    Just to play Devil's Advocate... Let's say that the worst happens and they ban everything...

You say people will be fat and happy to the enslaved end... If the average person is happy, does it matter? I mean, most of the world doesn't have the gun rights that we do. But if you go to countries like England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, etc... It's not like their lives suck if you ask the average person... Their crime rates are often lower than ours, they seem to be happy.

There are plenty of countries that suck, but it's not because of their gun laws typically...

I don't know why the average American should or would be willing to fight, and die, to preserve a stupid bump stock. It's easy to talk on the internet about fighting back and prying it from your cold dead fingers and all that, but are you personally, really willing to lay down your life for a cheap plastic gimmick accessory?

5. palmettomoon

palmettomoon NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater Supporter

Supporter

106   0

Rating
    100%
    ^^^^^This attitude is exactly what has allowed the NRA to waste hundreds of millions of dollars and get us to where we are today.^^^^^^

6. Vman

Vman ODT Junkie!

12   0

Rating
    100%
    Bump stocks are just the latest infringement in a long list. The bump stock is not the point. The point is, everyone claims to back the 2A and has their tacticool stuff and their "come and take it", "Molon labe" patches etc...But every infringement is met with a whimper. Then the cop out of "it's not a hill worth dying on". Every. Single. One. Yes there are plenty of countries with far less gun rights than us and they are, for the most part, ok with it. But please include all those OTHER countries throughout history that slowly-or swiftly-disarmed the population in the name of "safety" then proceeded to murder them in massive numbers. Or look at the countries that have disarmed the population, then passed laws that basically make it a crime to defend yourself, THEN let in a bunch of illegals who proceed to run rampant through the country raping, pillaging and plundering as it were! Exactly what they are TRYING to do here. BUT, we have guns! Slows things down a bit, and always has that potential to really kick something off that can't be contained. Freedom isn't free as the saying goes, and trying to fight from the ground with a boot on your neck because you've set a precedent of being a pushover just makes it harder. Plenty of people WILL fight, if they have unity and backing, that can't or won't otherwise-myself included. Yes, bump stocks are not my "hill" because A) Didn't/don't own one, and so B) I'm not fighting for others rights that aren't willing to fight themselves. Plenty of people showed up at the Bundy ranch at great personal risk that weren't ranchers, didn't know the Bundy's and didn't even live west of the Mississippi because they saw gov't abuse that needed to be checked. And guess what-nobody died on ANY hill! Momentum gets things done. Sitting back and making excuses just leads to losing more ground.

7. SirSpanksAlot

SirSpanksAlot ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

104   0

Rating
    100%
    So, again, in the interest of an... academic exercise here... Which infringement IS worth dying over?

If it came down to it, which of the infringements is worth laying down your life for, leaving your wife and kids without a husband and father for? Do you really feel that a bump stock, or a hicap magazine or a particular model of rifle, is worth that sacrifice that not only you, but your family would be forced to pay, should you decide to draw that line in the sand and make that sacrifice?

I ask because I agree, it is easy to say "from my cold dead hands", but when faced with that actually happening, very few of us are willing to lose our lives over a Glock or a bump stock...

8. FatAlbert

FatAlbert Hiland Arms. Cerakote applicator PM for quotes

119   0

Rating
    100%
    iM nOt gUnNa gIvE mUh LiFe fOr bUmp sTocKs. FB_IMG_1562022603644.jpg

9. Trailrider

Trailrider ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

93   1

Rating
    98.8%
    I think they're stupid and would never own one. But don't violate the 2A rights for other folks who want them.

Vman likes this.
  10. Bypass

Bypass Evil Genius Supporter

Sponsor

142   0

Rating
    100%
    Nah I always thought they were a stupid way to subvert the law.