• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does it ever stop?

Quit smoking cold turkey on July 8th and haven’t touched them since.

I am still constantly craving a smoke but haven’t broke down yet… does the urge ever go away?
The urge went away for me when I started back...I know, not helpful but 30 years smoking it's a bitch to quit and stay quit

When I quit drinking I never looked back but smoking is a different story. I stopped once for a little less than seven years. The hardest thing for me was the muscle memory. Needed something to do with my hands so I started carrying around toothpicks. Man that helps a bunch. Every time I felt a craving I’d stick a toothpick in my mouth. Then one day my ex-wife ticked me off so bad I bought a pack and now here we are.

Quit smoking cold turkey on July 8th and haven’t touched them since.

I am still constantly craving a smoke but haven’t broke down yet… does the urge ever go away?

dont break down man!! yes it does go away! and you will hit a point that cigarette smoke is absolutely disgusting. it will be a hallelujah moment when you get it lol. it took a couple years after i quit to reach that point and know that i will never pick one of those disgusting things up again.

First off, you’re doing FKN great for holding out 3 months.

Second, HALF of the crave to smoke is your body tricking you into “having to have it”. Then it’s habitual. A smoke when I eat..A smoke when I drive..A smoke when I’d rather be outside and take a break from work or a public get together.

They say it takes two weeks to develop a new habit. That’s horse****. You have to REPLACE that physiological response with something else As good or better. You can get the same oxytocin (good feeling) from a run, a swim..even a walk after dinner. Fast..eat a little cleaner.. That will change it up. It ain’t easy but you can literally leave your old self behind and be better in every way.

I am not a fitness guru. I gots a gut and get winded. But I also can run a 5K obstacle course in under 55mins. I mean I cramped for a week and couldn’t walk day after…..But it’s frame of mind. You are much stronger than you think.

Back
Top Bottom