• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does it piss you off!

I never said you said there was a problem.
:playball:

It seems someone is thinking there is a problem and I don't even understand what the problem is that many seem to agree on.

This topic is almost, almost as over discussed as Glock prices.

Until a sailor actually hands you the item and you say "Okay", there is no real sales agreement on ODT. That's why we need a primer for newbs. You can agree to buy something from a sailor via PM and that means nothing. The sailor is free to entertain other offers after they agree to sail to you. That's what makes ODT unique. You DON'T have to have to honor here.

It's the ultimate neckbeard haven.

This topic is almost, almost as over discussed as Glock prices.

Until a sailor actually hands you the item and you say "Okay", there is no real sales agreement on ODT. That's why we need a primer for newbs. You can agree to buy something from a sailor via PM and that means nothing. The sailor is free to entertain other offers after they agree to sail to you. That's what makes ODT unique. You DON'T have to have to honor here.
Eh. I know the rules. It amuses me how something so simple is so hard for some folks.
I understand being stood up or having an undisclosed scratch can be a legitimate pita.

The honor thing is just fine with the confirmed deal.
You got it right in the fact that the title should be "do you get pissed when you can't secure a confirmed deal?"

If you really want to draw out the neckbeards, have 2 or 3 20 shotguns for sale.
I hate liars, but then you have the liars that try to explain themselves with even more lameass lies.

I had one that was good to go, all but his shipping address, then ghosted.
That's the reason I really don't care to deal with folks that hide their ODT activity.
If they are hiding, they are lying.

Had another asking ridiculous irrelevant questions but he just couldn't find the time to reply.
Then got all pissy because I confronted him about not replying, with a screen shot of his last activity.
It turns out that he had a family emergency, but had a couple of minutes between the ER and surgery to do a little touring around the ODT. Ok, and off to ignore they went.

i made an offer to a member and he accepted, (this is Tuesday evening btw) I tell him I can meet on Thursday and he reply’s that’s fine if he still has it when I get there!

Sorry for the vent, it just seems like the newer members here just don’t get it.

I’ve been held off for over a week on trades and never once went back on a deal or sold something out from under anyone.

I was raised differently I guess. When you make a deal you stick with it.

I agree with you OP.

I made an offer to a new/low FB member and he accepted.
We're supposed to meet Saturday.
I'm waiting on a time for the meet. we'll see how it goes.

I've had better luck with newbies than established members.

If I’m out of town or have a busy schedule, I can’t drop everything to come buy your generally meaningless “toy” that I want. I will offer a firm date for a meet. If I get the response of “if it’s still here” , I politely tell them to **** off. Pretty simple strategy. There is no shortage of stuff to purchase in Merica!!

If I’m out of town or have a busy schedule, I can’t drop everything to come buy your generally meaningless “toy” that I want. I will offer a firm date for a meet. If I get the response of “if it’s still here” , I politely tell them to **** off. Pretty simple strategy. There is no shortage of stuff to purchase in Merica!!

"I politely tell them to **** off."
I've been banned for less.:shocked::becky::spy:

LOL, this is NOT a new phenomenon. It has happened as long as ODT has been around. You were 'outbid.' It's really that simple.

This is NOT an Auction Site!!!
bid of tree fiddy.jpg
:)

Back
Top Bottom