• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does it piss you off!

I guess it's mainly because I've done more selling than buying but I haven't run into the "If it's still here..." or auction site jerkoffs yet. I HAVE been stood up twice by 2 separate members and that pisses me off just as much since they wasted my time and gas. One of my personality flaws is I hate waiting on people. I'm always on time or early. So I don't have much patience for waiting around.

I don't feel like starting a new thread and this kinda relates to this one so here it is...
Right now I have an 06 Camry with the low low of 135K miles showing listed on CL and Letgo for $4250.00. The NADA is a little over $5K. Oh the dumbass texts and emails I'm getting!
So this morning a Democrat starts calling my partner about it since it's his car and he lives down the street from where it's parked. The guy's daughter just gots to have this Camry. Okay fine so we meet him over there around 9:30. Soon as he gets out of his car and before he even cranks the Camry or opens the door he said " I'll give you $2000 For it." Just all matter of factly and smug. So Robby just drops the hood on the Camry and heads for his truck after answering with " No you won't. " Then this jerk off walks toward the truck and said that the "Loan Value " on the Camry was only $2K. So Robby said " No it's not. And even if it was I don't care. I don't need a car. YOU do."
And that's where we left him standing . I don't know whatever happened to the art of negotiating but that wasn't even close. You don't just come in hot like that and throw down ridiculous low ball offers. Especially when you ain't even looked over the goods.

If you are going to F someone after you make a firm deal you need to tell them. :becky:

Seriously don’t make the deal if you fully intend to sell your item first come first serve. Put it in your post that first $$$$$ gets it. If you make a firm deal and then turn around and sell it to the first person with cash then you’re a renegger pure and simple. Just my .02.

I guess the main question (and maybe I missed it somewhere) was there a confirmed meeting made on Tuesday to get the item Thursday or was it a "hit me back on Thursday" situation?

I have had people message me on an item and say "I want it" or even "I'll take it" and then say "let me get with you in X number of days and confirm" and at that point I tell them I am happy to "hold" it if we confirm a meeting but otherwise they are taking their chances on it still being available.

Not worth getting pissed, it's not a deal until time and place are agreed...once that is done I've never had anyone not show but have had a couple try to renegotiate at the meeting...not because the item wasn't as advertised but because they thought they could get a better deal face to face...they couldn't ...still wasn't pissed...

I don't feel like starting a new thread and this kinda relates to this one so here it is...
Right now I have an 06 Camry with the low low of 135K miles showing listed on CL and Letgo for $4250.00. The NADA is a little over $5K. Oh the dumbass texts and emails I'm getting!
So this morning a Democrat starts calling my partner about it since it's his car and he lives down the street from where it's parked. The guy's daughter just gots to have this Camry. Okay fine so we meet him over there around 9:30. Soon as he gets out of his car and before he even cranks the Camry or opens the door he said " I'll give you $2000 For it." Just all matter of factly and smug. So Robby just drops the hood on the Camry and heads for his truck after answering with " No you won't. " Then this jerk off walks toward the truck and said that the "Loan Value " on the Camry was only $2K. So Robby said " No it's not. And even if it was I don't care. I don't need a car. YOU do."
And that's where we left him standing . I don't know whatever happened to the art of negotiating but that wasn't even close. You don't just come in hot like that and throw down ridiculous low ball offers. Especially when you ain't even looked over the goods.
Many out there who consider themselves master negotiators...have yet to sell to any of them...

Not worth getting pissed, it's not a deal until time and place are agreed...once that is done I've never had anyone not show but have had a couple try to renegotiate at the meeting...not because the item wasn't as advertised but because they thought they could get a better deal face to face...they couldn't ...still wasn't pissed...

If they try to re-negotiate at the meet for no good reason they get negged if they don’t buy it. Of course I post in detail what my stuff looks like with pictures and offers to send more pictures and even videos so there is not much reason to negotiate my price.

If they try to re-negotiate at the meet for no good reason they get negged if they don’t buy it. Of course I post in detail what my stuff looks like with pictures and offers to send more pictures and even videos so there is not much reason to negotiate my price.
His only reason was trying to get it cheaper

Back
Top Bottom