• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does it piss you off!

This topic is almost, almost as over discussed as Glock prices.

Until a sailor actually hands you the item and you say "Okay", there is no real sales agreement on ODT. That's why we need a primer for newbs. You can agree to buy something from a sailor via PM and that means nothing. The sailor is free to entertain other offers after they agree to sail to you. That's what makes ODT unique. You DON'T have to have to honor here.

It's the ultimate neckbeard haven.

Posts like this make me wish we had an "AMEN, preach it brother" button,

I don't feel like starting a new thread and this kinda relates to this one so here it is...
Right now I have an 06 Camry with the low low of 135K miles showing listed on CL and Letgo for $4250.00. The NADA is a little over $5K. Oh the dumbass texts and emails I'm getting!
So this morning a Democrat starts calling my partner about it since it's his car and he lives down the street from where it's parked. The guy's daughter just gots to have this Camry. Okay fine so we meet him over there around 9:30. Soon as he gets out of his car and before he even cranks the Camry or opens the door he said " I'll give you $2000 For it." Just all matter of factly and smug. So Robby just drops the hood on the Camry and heads for his truck after answering with " No you won't. " Then this jerk off walks toward the truck and said that the "Loan Value " on the Camry was only $2K. So Robby said " No it's not. And even if it was I don't care. I don't need a car. YOU do."
And that's where we left him standing . I don't know whatever happened to the art of negotiating but that wasn't even close. You don't just come in hot like that and throw down ridiculous low ball offers. Especially when you ain't even looked over the goods.

Hell, yeah, you are supposed to walk around a car with 150,000 miles and point out every paint chip, door ding, any wear on the inside, dirt on the engine or under the hood, wear on the tires, and then offer $2000, "because of the shape it's in".

You've got to dance the dance or go home.

So on Tuesday, you agreed to make a deal on Thursday unless Thursday was trumped by Wednesday? That is, unless the Tuesday deal takes place on Thursday then you didn't really have a Thursday deal because the understanding on Tuesday expired prior to Thursday and the promise to sell you the item on Thursday at the price established on Tuesday expired after Tuesday but before Thursday? Do I have that straight?

So..... Today is Friday,
Did you get back with him yesterday and did he still have it ?
If so did you get it ?
Do you still stand behind this rant or did you have a snickers bar ?
Tell us the rest of the story.
What happened since Tuesday @ 6:41 PM ?

I know I've been told to do a lot of things on this website including some which are anatomically improbable but I haven't been told to go away and die yet.

Was that a challenge? Really??? Did you triple dog dare me?

palmetto dye.jpg
:)

I never said you said there was a problem.
:playball:

It seems someone is thinking there is a problem and I don't even understand what the problem is that many seem to agree on.
The problem is.....buyer made an offer, seller accepted offer, buyer says great I can meet day after tomorrow, seller apparently wants to meet right then. If you dont see what the issue is, quite honestly, I dont want to deal with you. If you cant wait a day after accepting an offer, your here for the wrong reasons IMO. YMMV.

The problem is.....buyer made an offer, seller accepted offer, buyer says great I can meet day after tomorrow, seller apparently wants to meet right then. If you dont see what the issue is, quite honestly, I dont want to deal with you. If you cant wait a day after accepting an offer, your here for the wrong reasons IMO. YMMV.
Sounds good to me buddy.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom