• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does it piss you off!

So..... Today is Friday,
Did you get back with him yesterday and did he still have it ?
If so did you get it ?
Do you still stand behind this rant or did you have a snickers bar ?
Tell us the rest of the story.
What happened since Tuesday @ 6:41 PM ?
Said seller ghosted me. Would not respond

From what I read, the seller excepted a price deal. When the OP wanted to negotiate a date and time the seller said it was first come first serve.

The deal wasn’t finished. The seller did not go back on a deal. The OP appears to assume the seller would/could be at his beck and call and should meet anytime and date the OP wanted.

I don’t see how the seller is wrong here, although I am basing this from what the OP said.

Until a date and time are agreed on it's not really a 'deal'.

It would be one thing if the seller said he would hold it until Thursday but sold it Wednesday night because they got a better offer. I've had that kind of thing happen twice and probably should have neg'd them, although both are long gone now anyways.

That's part of working out a deal though. If you need the money right then, a sale 2 weeks from now doesn't help. However the seller needs to communicate that upfront, and the buyer needs to be upfront about what their schedule is like as well.

If you can't come to an agreement... no harm, no foul. Same as with price or picking a place to meet. Until you get that all sorted out it's not really a deal at all.

From what I read, the seller excepted a price deal. When the OP wanted to negotiate a date and time the seller said it was first come first serve.
The deal wasn’t finished. The seller did not go back on a deal. The OP appears to assume the seller would/could be at his beck and call and should meet anytime and date the OP wanted.
I don’t see how the seller is wrong here, although I am basing this from what the OP said.

sailors market.jpg
:)

No 'deal' exists until money and item change hands or one party is a 'no show' at set meet. I know of a deal where a seller agreed to sell the item and a time and location where set but then a better offer came along. The buyer tried to leave seller a neg but that didn't stick. If you have a deal that has to be completed when the seller agrees to sell the item to a buyer then the entire auction premise collapses. You can read the site rules and you can follow the site rules but don't get butthurt when the site rules are not enforced or when neckbeards find a way to work around them.

Until a date and time are agreed on it's not really a 'deal'.

It would be one thing if the seller said he would hold it until Thursday but sold it Wednesday night because they got a better offer. I've had that kind of thing happen twice and probably should have neg'd them, although both are long gone now anyways.

That's part of working out a deal though. If you need the money right then, a sale 2 weeks from now doesn't help. However the seller needs to communicate that upfront, and the buyer needs to be upfront about what their schedule is like as well.

If you can't come to an agreement... no harm, no foul. Same as with price or picking a place to meet. Until you get that all sorted out it's not really a deal at all.

The biggest problem is that there are a lot of people that don't know how to communicate or that are willing to communicate.
I had two members with 30+ and 50+ FB and neither of them had communication skills.

If you have time to tour around the site, then you damn sure have time to reply to PMs.

If you really want to bring out the ignorant non communicators, advertise a couple of 20 gauge shotguns for sail.
It seems that the lameasses are attracted to them.

There are a lot of stupid people roaming the earth.

The biggest problem is that there are a lot of people that don't know how to communicate or that are willing to communicate.
I had two members with 30+ and 50+ FB and neither of them had communication skills.

If you have time to tour around the site, then you damn sure have time to reply to PMs.

If you really want to bring out the ignorant non communicators, advertise a couple of 20 gauge shotguns for sail.
It seems that the lameasses are attracted to them.

There are a lot of stupid people roaming the earth.
some guns are called retard magnets for a reason.

No 'deal' exists until money and item change hands or one party is a 'no show' at set meet. I know of a deal where a seller agreed to sell the item and a time and location where set but then a better offer came along. The buyer tried to leave seller a neg but that didn't stick. If you have a deal that has to be completed when the seller agrees to sell the item to a buyer then the entire auction premise collapses. You can read the site rules and you can follow the site rules but don't get butthurt when the site rules are not enforced or when neckbeards find a way to work around them.

The mods definitely cater to the lying asshats that aren't true to their word.

90% of the people with -FB could have had it removed if they had complained to a mod in time.

Back
Top Bottom