• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does the V8 have a long term future? Or will be extinct in 20 years?

got a liberal pal up in Louisville who can't wait for all electric vehicles, for the public and all forms of racing too. He's all giddy about it, thinks he is being modern and progressive. For me, racing ain't racing with out internal combustion engines.
Has your Liberal pal put much thought into the matter whats he going do when battery needs charged nowhere to charge , or he gets stranding somewhere do ice or snow could be a Cold ass before gets help. ( I talked a guy who bought Telsa I asked him what he got out a charge running steady speed 60 mph he said maybe 200 miles if not running ac or heater where Telsa saying 300 miles on charge Kinda Funny ole Elon Musk sold off alot of his shares. This whole EV BS is just another government control ploy never hear much reference a HYBRID vehicle lately like we did few years back. wonder if your pal a Biden support. No offense just asking

I think we'll see is smaller V8 cubic inches making more power than ever but I don't think they will ever go totally out of existence. Especially now that they're running so efficient. I think they'll also be available in the bigger trucks because diesels choke out so much emissions. Now I could be wrong but I sure as hell hope I'm not. There's nothing like the sound of a good old All-American V8 rumble. I know some of these electric cars actually have noise makers that make them sound like V8 which is stupid. The only advantage of an all-electric motor is the torque is linear and it's instant. They're going to have to come up with some other type of battery setup because those batteries run into the tens of thousands of dollars. You're almost talking about half an economy car is worth just in batteries. However, fossil fuels are not going to last forever. Eventually we will deplete them and we'll have to go to something different so whether that's 20 years or 60 years something's going to change.

Of course there's always nitromethane. Makes a 2000 horsepower motor into a 10,000 horsepower motor. If we can come up with some sort of synthetic derivative we could see them last well into the future.

What bothers me is how much is a replacement battery and installation gonna cost? How are we going to dispose of the old battery and components? How is the supply of material to make those batteries gonna last? Why not use a hydrogen fuel cell that produces no carbon?
Just like everything else these days, it will be a money pit

Just like everything else these days, it will be a money pit
Hydrogen fuel scares me. Like driving round on a tank with compressed hydrogen. The Hindenburg x 5000. Compressed hydrogen equals many, many sticks of dynamite. Every accident would take out a city block. That is a exaggerated example but it be horrible.

Back
Top Bottom