• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does the V8 have a long term future? Or will be extinct in 20 years?

Probably be deaf too…
Too many loud V8s!
Yeah! I am not a fan of obnoxiously loud exhaust. I like a good low rumble that doesn't sound like it has no mufflers. Magna flow has a good low volume rumble but kicks in just enough to know it's excellerating with no drone when cruising. The trucks up here in Virginia are stupid loud. Trucks have no business sounding like that. Freaking rednecks!

Can you imagine nascar all electric cars??? The canned sound tracks of former V8 engines roar around the oval?? If not a sound track, a powerful swooooosh!! I can hardly wait!!
Most cars have fake engine sounds projected through the stereo speakers already .

I think BMW got busted for that a while back and finally admitted it

And no , I don’t think there will be any V8s left in normal mass production cars

You already can’t get a V8 in the Ford Expedition , just the little 6 banger .

Toyota dumped their fantastic V8 in their pickups .

And with all the govt wanting us to use electric car , does the govts use electric cars ?

Of course not !

Even the post office doesn’t use them
And that is the perfect place to use them .

7125E56B-D6E7-4B85-8B3A-971E7A0B1843.jpeg

I remember what Jay Leno said about EVs a long time back.

He compared them to horses. Back before cars horses led horrible lives. Everyone walked around knee deep in manure and big cities had to clear away hundreds of dead horses a day.

Cars saved the horse. They let people have horses because they wanted them, not because they needed them.

His point is that EVs will save the dino-fuel cars (including the V8). People won't be using them for daily drivers and such, except in very special cases. Even today 99% of the people out there would have no problem with the range and performance of a modern EV.

But for folks that want them, gas vehicles will still have a certain attraction, especially unique ones like muscle cars with V8s.

Back
Top Bottom