• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does this site ever ban members based on feedback?

It's not just younger guys. It's new, unvetted members in general. Folks come here, don't bother reading the rules, throw an item up for sale, fail to disclose issues, agree to buy things and then welch, etc. Then they aren't held accountable and their behavior never changes.

Changing your feedback is one example. It's become a common occurrence for guys to sell a defective gun on here with no disclosure. Claiming they never shot it or it never gave them issues. The buyer gives feedback once money has changed hands. A couple of weeks later, they find out that it doesn't run.

Changing their feedback is nearly impossible and the BUYER IS PUNISHED if they call out the seller for being a lying sack of crap. How does that make sense?

And the icing on the cake is that the lying dirt bag gets to keep his "positive" feedback.
This is just not true. If someone wants their feed back removed we will do so, for what ever reason. Just start a thread in private help.
However if someone meets, inspects the item and finishes the transaction then there would have to be overwhelming evidence that the buyer intentionally misled another member for a negative to stick if disputed.
Generally the items are used, and the buyer should have enough knowledge to be able to identify a defect that would make the item unusable.

Not could be, is. I saw it happen here not long ago. And I received a warning when I independently identified and called out the bad trader. As far as who's at fault, the former is much more likely than the latter. Happens here with regularity. Saw another example just this week.

Bottom line is, you're screwed unless you can get the seller to meet you for a test fire before purchase. And that's not the norm, so it won't be happening for most people. This distrust is why I essentially will NOT buy a used firearm on this site.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I meant 'could' as in anytime you do a transaction it 'could be' an issue. I understand it has happened.
How could a site police that?
Think about it.
You: UserX sold me a malfunctioning gun and is a POS.
User X: No I didn't. It worked find when you got it. You broke it and you're a POS.

Can you see how productive that would be?

I'm very cautious about any used firearm I purchase from anyone. There are certain things you can check during your meet obviously and then yeah, after that, it's he said she said. Having said that, I traded for a gun here and it had a material (to me) defect I didn't notice until I got home. I contacted the seller and he graciously reversed the trade (I'm confident he wasn't aware of the issue) and I left him good feedback. Not everyone is a sphincter and not everyone is as stand up as we'd like, just like life.
We seem to muddle through.

I'm 25 I listen to Alabama , Hank jr. and Blackberry Smoke. ( look those up) TacticalJeebus TacticalJeebus your letting that woman get the better of you with music I bet she the one that likes the concerts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at this way....all those women go see Luke and get HOTT AND BOTHERED ..they look around and tactical is the only man around...sounds like a good idea to me

Back
Top Bottom