• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does this site ever ban members based on feedback?

It don't take but 5 minutes perusing the members list....
Making up names to give examples but like - Jaybee1 from cartersville joined Jan.1 2012, jaybee2 from cartersville joined Jan. 1, 2012, jaybee12 from cartersville joined Jan.1 2012.

There are MANY examples like this. But they're probably all different people. Just coincidental.

Sure there are, but those aren't really what we're talking about. When it's a case like that, it's usually not an attempt to circumvent the system, but rather where someone registered and didn't get the confirmation email so they registered again, etc. A lot of those accounts never get confirmed, which means they never actually get used, which means they don't usually trip the software as being a multiple account.

The ones we actually care about are the ones where someone creates an account intentionally, whether its to get away from bad feedback, or create a joke account, or whatever. Those accounts get used, and those accounts almost always get caught.

honestly?

Here's my take on it: If I want the deal I'm making it. The worst thing that can happen is the dude doesn't show up, and if that were to ever happen I right the dude off as an asshole and move on. I just don't see the big damn deal.

Sure there are, but those aren't really what we're talking about. When it's a case like that, it's usually not an attempt to circumvent the system, but rather where someone registered and didn't get the confirmation email so they registered again, etc. A lot of those accounts never get confirmed, which means they never actually get used, which means they don't usually trip the software as being a multiple account.

The ones we actually care about are the ones where someone creates an account intentionally, whether its to get away from bad feedback, or create a joke account, or whatever. Those accounts get used, and those accounts almost always get caught.

On a slightly different note, while looking for the thumbs up emoji, I caught the toungue-out Emoji and thought it was a cod sack.

Back
Top Bottom