• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does this site ever ban members based on feedback?

I know right. In for late night ODT deals with hot chicks.

And no midgets. I'll be damn if @ARCman47 tricks me again when I ask him if she's hot and he says "a little bit..."

speaking of @ARCman47 .................did he post this? Bahahahahahaha

IMG_0467.JPG

Hey I had an idea. I understand the concept of not banning members with several negs. But damn! Eight of them!? How do you have the nuts to even log back in? I guess shame is an outdated concept.

Anyway on to my idea. We need a trophy or some kind of award similar to the dunce hat for the member(s) with the most negs. I mean if someone has the nuts to STILL hang around here with that many negs then we need to acknowledge that ... how do you spell it? Hootzpah. You know the Yiddish word for nerve. And with that many negs you can't say you didn't earn it. I've dealt more than once with a member with 1 or even 2 negs. But they had all been around here longer than me with more good feedback than me. And my theory is if you do enough deals anywhere much less here sooner or later you're gonna run into a jerkoff. I guess the short version is its all about context and circumstances.
But I DO think my most negs trophy idea has some potential.

Hey I had an idea. I understand the concept of not banning members with several negs. But damn! Eight of them!? How do you have the nuts to even log back in? I guess shame is an outdated concept.

Anyway on to my idea. We need a trophy or some kind of award similar to the dunce hat for the member(s) with the most negs. I mean if someone has the nuts to STILL hang around here with that many negs then we need to acknowledge that ... how do you spell it? Hootzpah. You know the Yiddish word for nerve. And with that many negs you can't say you didn't earn it. I've dealt more than once with a member with 1 or even 2 negs. But they had all been around here longer than me with more good feedback than me. And my theory is if you do enough deals anywhere much less here sooner or later you're gonna run into a jerkoff. I guess the short version is its all about context and circumstances.
But I DO think my most negs trophy idea has some potential.

He changed his name. Started new posts and used the same pictures. Can't fix stupid.

It's hard to ban somebody for the fact they're a horrible person to deal with. If they constantly break the site rules and accumulate enough infractions, then they'll get banned.
The only way to get get banned here anymore is to go out of your way to be a major A-hole, repeatedly. And even then, most of those guys still make their way back under a different username. It's a greater offense to be a jerk than it is to be a welching, lying, bad trader. On most other sites, welching is strictly prohibited. As is, misrepresenting the condition of an item. On those sites, there are consequences for dealing in bad faith. Here, whether you are buying or selling, you're always at risk because there is no standard and there are no consequences. Bad traders should be banned for the greater good of the membership.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You have a way to "call them out" it's the feedback system in place.
Hell if someone has that many negative feedbacks and you decide to deal with them, then it's you that is wrong, not the site.

Ken, I agree with your post. The proper way to "call out" another member is through the feedback system and the decision to use the feedback system is up to each member.

I wish all members would post feedback on their deals, good, neutral or bad. There have been many threads concerning feedback. Quite a few of the threads have had to do with members not leaving feedback and other members wanting feedback given. I feel feedback should be given on every deal completed, but that is just my opinion.

To have a member, in a position of authority, demean, diminish and basically dismiss our feedback system as no big deal, is counter productive to getting members to use the feedback system that is in place on this site. While the feedback system this site uses is far from perfect, it is a decent system that works well, when everyone participates. I would tend to believe that a member, in a position of authority, would want more participation in our feedback system, not less.

Back
Top Bottom