• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

Who was the old man that moved to Alaska and lived in a rudimentary cabin, carved all his utensils from wood and lived off the land. This was a old movie/ documentary about this guy. I think he even made his Canoe out of wood. He spent years there.. His cooler was dug down into the permafrost.

Who was the old man that moved to Alaska and lived in a rudimentary cabin, carved all his utensils from wood and lived off the land. This was a old movie/ documentary about this guy. I think he even made his Canoe out of wood. He spent years there.. His cooler was dug down into the permafrost.
Richard Proenneke

I don’t know that man. But I did use to know a mathematics professor that lived in a hand made cabin that use to mail packages out of his cabin to people.

What a generous soul he was.

Whatever happened to him anyway?
I don't know but I know that the show that he made was a pretty good long time ago. But that guy had a MacGyver type gift. Everything he did he did with a knife or an ax. It was simply amazing to watch that guy go day through day and seeing how he came up with a remedy to solve every problem. Quite astonishing if you really sat down and think about it.

What a generous soul he was.

Whatever happened to him anyway?
At age 83, 1999, he left his cabin and went and lived with his brother in Calf. He donated his cabin to the park service. They said he could come visit anytime he wanted. Proenneke left his cabin completely intact as he lived there including leaving his 44 Ruger Blackhawk hanging in it's holster in the cabin. He never returned. He died of a stroke in April 2003 aged 86.

Back
Top Bottom