• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

Exactly. Most of the newer options were based on the 700 action. It was good enough for the military for how many years. How many years you say?
Exactly. They were good enough until superior options became available. That doesn’t make the 700 garbage, but there are much better platforms out there currently.

I could liken it to cars. Is a 72 Camaro Z28 better than a new Corvette ? No, but with some time and restoration it'd be allot cooler
Unfortunately, being cool doesn’t help to kill bad guys, and it doesn’t aid in winning matches.

Also, I think an accuracy international ax is way cooler than a Remington 700….and a better rifle.

That was my whole point they’re all just jazzed up copies of the 700. A lot of custom actions resolve some issues the 700 had but a trued up 700 with the stock barrel set back (if it needs it) can shoot with all the customs and tactical Timmy toys Throw it in a chassis or stiff stock and it’ll hang in there with the best. I have seen this exact pissin match play out on the range several times.

That was my whole point they’re all just jazzed up copies of the 700. A lot of custom actions resolve some issues the 700 had but a trued up 700 with the stock barrel set back (if it needs it) can shoot with all the customs and tactical Timmy toys Throw it in a chassis or stiff stock and it’ll hang in there with the best. I have seen this exact pissin match play out on the range several times.
Uh no. MRADs, AIs, Surgeons, etc are absolutely NOT just jazzed up 700s.

Back
Top Bottom