• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog Hunting Vs. Still Hunting

Georgiaboy515

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hi Y'all how Y'all doin, I was just wanting to get some views out there from you ODTlanders on hunting with dogs. I personally still hunt during the week and dog hunt on the weekends. I know there are some people out there that absolutly hate dog hunting period, and just wanted to get some in put on what everyone thinks about it, that way if I have any run in with those who are against it I may be a little more understanding.

I usually ended up hunting the dogs after everything was over, maybe not hunting them but rather trying to round them up to load. I hunt both still and with dogs.

haha, I think everyone ends up spending more time looking for dogs. Thank fully I'm a member of a club where i can ride around all night looking for them if the need be. and a big reason i wanted to ask this was a year or to ago my brother had a run in with a guy that was a member of a still hunting club that bordered land that we hunt on at another club we are a member of and was looking for one of his dogs and got a call from the game warden that the dog had been caught and that he and the guy that caught the dog were waiting on him at the end of the road. Now i understand if a dog ran a deer you were fixing to shoot and got mad and caught that dog is one thing, this dog wasnt running and didnt mess this guys hunting up, and from what we heard from people that knew of this incident, the guy stayed after everyone else in the club left to catch dogs and turn them in out of spite.

If the dog was on his proerty, he has every right to catch it, running a deer or not. I know alot of folks that would shoot it. Not sayin its right but right or wrong its a shot dog.You have to watch some folks, they take their hunting very serious. I was amazed when I moved down here, Toombs county, and started hunting with my brother and a freind. I hunted half a season with them and havnt done it since....about 18 years now. I can see where it would be rough having a non dog hunting club next door....deer and dogs dont know property lines and if your sitting there in your stand and a couple dogs come running around.....Id be pissed.

Dogs and man, have hunted together for thousands of years, and long before guns.
Why break the chain now?
Im ok either way.
But im not shooting a dog unless he is rabid.
Thats bad Voo Doo man.

Dogs and man, have hunted together for thousands of years, and long before guns.
Why break the chain now?

I love it, and yea i know anyone be mad if it messed there deer up, but this was the first time that place had been rented out to still hunters in years, I'd have figured out of respect for the fellow hunter one might not get the game warden involved unless it became a frequent problem with and ruined your season, but this was the first time anything like that had happened.

Back
Top Bottom