• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog lovers, what should I do? I’m furious at the vet!

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
70   0
Reaction score
So, long story short ... we take our dog to the local vet because he has a swollen tooth. They biopsy it and says it’s cancer and he only has 4-6 months to live. We love our dog, so we take him to another vet that specializes in cancer. They believe they can save him with surgery. We agree. They do a CT scan to see it all and then remove 1/4 of his upper jaw and send the tissue in for testing to see if he’ll need radiation. This all cost about $8,000.

Test results came in today and the vet called ... wait for it ... it was an impacted tooth. He never had cancer.

What would you do?

I’m ****ing PISSED!

Anyone know any good attorneys, please let me know.

This is why I pay $27 per month for insurance on my little buddy. Sorry yours had a bad diagnosis. We do what we can for them. I'd rather be a pediatrician than a vet. (Not a veterinarian).

Should have biopsied the sample first don't you think? Before removing a 1/4 of the upper jaw?

We didn’t even question the vet at the time. I’m definitely going after the money. I’m just not sure how yet. I’m letting all this sink in right now, but it doesn’t feel right at all. I feel like we got scammed and that’s not how you should feel from a vet.

First vet dropped the ball with the misdiagnosis.

In defense of the second vet, a second biopsy would have cost you even more money and there would have been no reason to doubt the first vet.

Back
Top Bottom