• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dog Sitting

DirtySouth

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
233   1
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a dog sitter, for example someone that comes stays at your house to watch Fido while you are away? If so, what do you pay per animal and what do you expect or require from the sitter?

$100 a week and feed them every morning and night. My dogs have a doggy door so no need to let them out. Mine are simple to take care of.

I used to do it for free for friends but I got too attached to the dogs. Dogs make better friends than people.
Yeah, loosing clients was the worst part, especially when it happened suddenly without being able to say good bye to the fur babies. Walking a dog 5 days a week for over a year, and then "puff", just gone.

I just did a Dog sitting for a buddie he took his family to Florida, 2 weeks ago, his dog had allot of issues but he told me ahead of time, so I made my 2nd floor into a Dog free area, I gated anything that could hurt the dog, please don't make the mistake that I did a took my dog to a day care center, my dog came out of there with diarrhea and had to be rushed to the emergency room. If you live in or by a subdivision there are people there that will come to your house and walk and feed your dog.

We pay $50/day for house sit and watch three dogs. I feel better knowing that someone I know is at the house vs sending the dogs to the doggie daycare. They feed them twice a day, and let them out a couple times per day.

Back
Top Bottom