• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don’t forget Stewbilee Jan. 28th 9am-2pm

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
Back in Brunswick after a couple of years suspension because of Wu-Flu.

Alrighty..
22 3 oz. cups of stew (and one deep fried gator tail kebab) later, (burrrp), it’s done. Over for another year!
Lots of different ideas served, some more soup than stew, some with ungodly veggies added.
I mean in my world, stew is supposed to be thick, with a little corn, and dang sure ain’t supposed to be full of green peas, limas, potatoes, onions, and one even had diced carrots in it!
Quite a few had chopped chicken added as well.
Our favorite was by
Roy’s Nutz and Buttz, located on Hwy 80, Bloomingdale, GA.
Anyway, a perfect day, sunny, dry, temps in mid-50’s in the park on the waterfront.
Great turnout, 20+ contestants, several hundred folks tasting stews and enjoying winter in the South.
There was also a classic car/ hot rod show included, had about 50 cars show up.
All told, well worth the $10 admission.

Alrighty..
22 3 oz. cups of stew (and one deep fried gator tail kebab) later, (burrrp), it’s done. Over for another year!
Lots of different ideas served, some more soup than stew, some with ungodly veggies added.
I mean in my world, stew is supposed to be thick, with a little corn, and dang sure ain’t supposed to be full of green peas, limas, potatoes, onions, and one even had diced carrots in it!
Quite a few had chopped chicken added as well.
Our favorite was by
Roy’s Nutz and Buttz, located on Hwy 80, Bloomingdale, GA.
Anyway, a perfect day, sunny, dry, temps in mid-50’s in the park on the waterfront.
Great turnout, 20+ contestants, several hundred folks tasting stews and enjoying winter in the South.
There was also a classic car/ hot rod show included, had about 50 cars show up.
All told, well worth the $10 admission.
I went one year and listened to the B-52's, asleep at the wheel, The spin doctors, possibly some more but I remember those bands. My Aunt Rosa-Lee's brunswick stew is better than any I've ever tasted. I have her recipe which is written in 1 bowl of onions,1 bowl of taters, 2 cups of this and big can of V8 etc. Homemade hushppuppies and hot sauce to taste after you dip your bowl full of this stuff that was more like a pudding then a stew....Best stuff ever eaten.

Back
Top Bottom