• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Donald Rumsfeld dead at 88

You have misunderstood my intent.
Regardless of whether he (or you for that matter) is a thug or patriot, I choose not to insult the surviving family with insults. It simply serves no purpose.
I doubt any of them browse the boiler room of the ODT.

If they do, they should know their pain and suffering is a drop in the ocean compared to the pain and suffering of so many families that man has caused. Not just the thousands of young men who died because of his greedy thirst for needless war, but also every vet that takes their own life today.

While I wish no man dead nor seek to cause pain for the remaining family I personally found his behavior reprehensible in almost every respect. Meddling in planning for the Iraq war, the war itself, the micro management of military staff, the bald faced lack of any semblance of a plan to deal with running a country after it's been tipped over militarily, the imprisonment for over a decade of hundreds of detainees without trial, meanwhile subjecting them to all manner of torture. In my estimation, not a person with morals and you just can't put people like that in a position of power. I attribute the destruction of many lives, both US and other, to his hands.

I doubt any of them browse the boiler room of the ODT.

If they do, they should know their pain and suffering is a drop in the ocean compared to the pain and suffering of so many families that man has caused. Not just the thousands of young men who died because of his greedy thirst for needless war, but also every vet that takes their own life today.
Oddly enough, his service as SecDef affected me.
After 9/11, I was called back to active duty. I had to give up my medical practice at that time. It cost me a lot of heartache and money. Several people at the hospital lost their jobs because they lost a surgeon. I was not happy about being called up, but as a soldier, I accept the fact that sometimes I have to serve when it is not convenient.

IMHO, it is pretty clear (in retrospect) that the post 9/11 military operations were based on bad intel, etc. But I choose not to be bitter about it. I consider myself a politically unaffiliated patriot citizen who simply tries a live/behave honorably. Had I been the SecDef, I would have done some things differently. But as a COL, I behaved as I should. Now, as a retired guy, I pray that our leaders possess the wisdom they need to make the best decisions on behalf of all of us.

5f5l1n.jpg

Oddly enough, his service as SecDef affected me.
After 9/11, I was called back to active duty. I had to give up my medical practice at that time. It cost me a lot of heartache and money. Several people at the hospital lost their jobs because they lost a surgeon. I was not happy about being called up, but as a soldier, I accept the fact that sometimes I have to serve when it is not convenient.

IMHO, it is pretty clear (in retrospect) that the post 9/11 military operations were based on bad intel, etc. But I choose not to be bitter about it. I consider myself a politically unaffiliated patriot citizen who simply tries a live/behave honorably. Had I been the SecDef, I would have done some things differently. But as a COL, I behaved as I should. Now, as a retired guy, I pray that our leaders possess the wisdom they need to make the best decisions on behalf of all of us.
You sound like a very honorable man, whose death won't be meme'd or ridiculed by any. I wish you many many years.

I pray we wake up as a nation, and learn to lead ourselves and rely less on incompetent self serving "leaders", because that's all I've seen in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom