• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Done with Nissan….need ODT car buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking towards an SUV, I would go look at a Telluride or a Palisade. My wife has a 22 Palisade calligraphy and man that thing is the tits. To us it was way more comfortable than the Highlander.

Best gen. Besides 1st gen of course.

I was surprised when I parked my old 3rd gen taco next to friends 08 tundra 4 door(almost four full doors), and they were pretty much the same size. Except his cost half as much, got 4 or 5 mpg worse, could tow about twice as much, and was wayyyy faster.

Tacos are cool but the no low end power of the third gen and electronic drive by laggy wire with a 6 speed manual killed it for me.

Also, if you're tall don't get a third gen taco with a sunroof. Only the 2020 and up have power adjustable drivers seat but still a squeeze for me.
AT shift mapping has been changed on 21 and up. I have 700 miles on my 22 and it moves. Drove it down from KY to GA, after I bought it, had no problems passing anyone I needed to pass on the road.

Completely new Tacoma in 2023.
I have a 15 Tacoma Pro with 72000 miles on t. Couple months ago thought about trading but bad timing for new vehicles due to chip shortage.
Frontier Pro4x - like it. New body and interior. Plenty of features on the top model. Dislike- their flagship Frontier but basically same height as regular Frontier. Small factory lift would have been nice
colorado/canyon- like the zr2 model but interior is outdated. On the forums GM still having some problems with transmissions surging and shocks leaking after 35000 - 40000 miles
Ford Ranger- the one I kinda liked was the Tremor package. Small factory lift. New body style for 2022 just revealed overseas. Will replace current Ranger. More of a F150 front end and vastly improved interior. The Ranger Raptor should be in production by next December. I don’t even want to guess price but probably pushing 55,000.
so I am going to wait and see what the new Tacoma will bring to the table
Frontiers have driveline issues. Frontier guys have been retrofitting Titan parts to their trucks.

Just be careful about taxes. Because when you get back to buy your tag in Ga. they'll hit you hard with taxes. I was in tag office buying my tags back when they had just changed the law. This guy had gone out of state to buy a Porsche to save money. When he went to buy his tag they wanted another $6k. He liked to have had a stroke. I bought an older car off Ebay 10yrs ago in Tenn. But tag and title when I got back wasn't much at all.
He must have bought a private sale Porsche. Dealers will collect tax and send it to GA. I did it 3 weeks ago. State of GA says it will cost me only $48 to register the truck here. Tax has been paid already.

If you are looking towards an SUV, I would go look at a Telluride or a Palisade. My wife has a 22 Palisade calligraphy and man that thing is the tits. To us it was way more comfortable than the Highlander.
thanks for the suggestion, but Kia can get ****ed as far as I'm concerned. They've had engine troubles (I have a thread on here somewhere detailing mine) for a decade at least. Never ever owning one again.

You are right. But SR 4x2 is a utility contractor grade truck.
I have never heard of people wishing they had bought a 2 wheel drive truck instead of 4x4. But I see new threads on Taco forums every month asking if a 2 wheel drive can be converted to a 4x4.

OP will be using his truck for hunting. 4x4 is needed.
I spoke with a dealer about building one custom and having it delivered. They said the dealerships are getting allocated trucks ever few weeks, and the factory isn't doing custom orders at this time. Most of the trucks are pre-sold when they hit the lot.

You are right. But SR 4x2 is a utility contractor grade truck.
I have never heard of people wishing they had bought a 2 wheel drive truck instead of 4x4. But I see new threads on Taco forums every month asking if a 2 wheel drive can be converted to a 4x4.

OP will be using his truck for hunting. 4x4 is needed.
the 4x4 is out of my price range for this purchase, but i'm looking hard at a v-6. the place I hunt isn't too rough.

I spoke with a dealer about building one custom and having it delivered. They said the dealerships are getting allocated trucks ever few weeks, and the factory isn't doing custom orders at this time. Most of the trucks are pre-sold when they hit the lot.
Toyota does not do custom builds. Ever.
Dealers are allocated vehicles that Toyota sales puts together. Dealers can put requests in to change some thingd, sometimes, like paint, or port options, but bulk stays the same. Sometimes dealers will trade allocations before truck is build, to get what their customer wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom