• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Done with Nissan….need ODT car buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if there's a benefit to buying out of state?
Would like to know too, finding 8-10k lower out of state, looking at the jeep grand cherokee L, 3 rows but only seats 6, 2 captain chairs then only 2 seat bench seat in 3rd row but looks roomy, have not seen in person

Mazda CX5 is comparable to your Rogue, the CX9 if you want a little more room and a turbocharger.

20 years in the car industry in Service at several dealerships. I quit Mazda because they didn’t break so I couldn’t make any money. Now I’m at a Euro shop bc they always break.

ANY car you want to buy right now buy it from Carvana online. You have 7 days to give it back and they don’t want it back, so they will fix EVERYTHING wrong with it. Just got $11,500 worth of stuff fixed for a customers 2016 Landrover with 60k miles. That is the best way to buy a used car for 2022.

Buy it from Carvana, then get it inspected on day 1 or day 2 so your trusted shop can find and fix EVERYTHING wrong with it on Carvana’s dime.

You‘re welcome.

anyone know if there's a benefit to buying out of state?
Just be careful about taxes. Because when you get back to buy your tag in Ga. they'll hit you hard with taxes. I was in tag office buying my tags back when they had just changed the law. This guy had gone out of state to buy a Porsche to save money. When he went to buy his tag they wanted another $6k. He liked to have had a stroke. I bought an older car off Ebay 10yrs ago in Tenn. But tag and title when I got back wasn't much at all.

Mazda CX5 is comparable to your Rogue, the CX9 if you want a little more room and a turbocharger.

20 years in the car industry in Service at several dealerships. I quit Mazda because they didn’t break so I couldn’t make any money. Now I’m at a Euro shop bc they always break.

ANY car you want to buy right now buy it from Carvana online. You have 7 days to give it back and they don’t want it back, so they will fix EVERYTHING wrong with it. Just got $11,500 worth of stuff fixed for a customers 2016 Landrover with 60k miles. That is the best way to buy a used car for 2022.

Buy it from Carvana, then get it inspected on day 1 or day 2 so your trusted shop can find and fix EVERYTHING wrong with it on Carvana’s dime.

You‘re welcome.
i knew about their return policy but I'd never heard they would offer to fix stuff. i may have to look harder at those trucks.

My mother in law had a Forester. At 6'0" I could barely drive it. My knees hit the center console and everything felt cramped. It also had the EyeSight tech in it, and you can't turn it off. It beeps if you just barely hit the centerline. We drove it up to Ellijay one afternoon and I couldn't stand it on the curvy roads. She traded it in on a Highlander, which she just traded in on another Highlander, but with the Hybrid technology. My wife has a 2016 Pilot (first year of the new body style). It is the Elite trim so it has all the whistles and bells. We haul 3 kids around in it easily. It also has the 2nd row captains chairs which make it easier for our daughter to get in the 3rd row. I will never own an SUV without 2nd row captains chairs. The Toyota Highlander or the Honda Pilot would be my vote for an SUV with a 3rd row that can easily fit in a garage.

I would say Toyota Tacoma in that size for dependability and resale' I love mine and it might be for sale after retirement..
IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1755.jpg

I’m selling my 2018 Nissan Rogue and looking for something different. Either a Subaru Forester or a pickup. I really only need a pickup for deer hunting and to haul furniture/appliances/etc when we buy them. It’s not used for work or anything heavy duty. Must have room for a car seat, so 4 doors probably required. Must fit in my garage, so compact or mid size.

Considering a Ranger, Tacoma, Ridgeline, GMC Canyon or Maverick.

Who owns a Ranger or Canyon? How ya like it? Any issues?

Anyone test drive a Maverick yet?

Any other suggestions? I want this to be the last car I buy for ten years and I don’t want to replace a transmission.
Tacoma.

What version do you have ? 4 Cyl or V6? I think I found a new one in Milledgeville for a comparative deal. Only downside it‘s a 4 cyl SR. I can add step rails and upgrade wheels later.
If you want to keep it 10 years you have a better chance with the Tacoma. If the 4cyl you are looking at is an automatic, I would take it on a long test drive full of passengers and make sure you are ok with that 4cyl mated to an auto....If its a manual..go for it, the 4cyl manual Tacoma, is the most reliable!!! The 4cyl auto is also reliable (same engine) but mated to the automatic, it can be rather weak in the getting out of its own way dept. Some people it bothers, some people it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom